Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help wanted,

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
**Opps lousy thread title, **

I'm struggling with making a slipped time stretch type action, I could clone out but would rather not if possible.

I can 1/2 and double the tempo

I've got a counter that measures how long the FX has been on,
My trouble is getting a time to the "goto" command to correct the slip,

goto only accepts absolute times, (not +|-) so it's not straight forward, casting is always a bit of a guess with me as the the amount of written examples are in short supply.
Could I get the get the results from my timer then add that to the current elapsed and then cast that to the goto command? Or perhaps another way, (musing do some math to write a hotcue in the future and then use that cue...)

Posted Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 5:15 am
Yeah i know that feeling when VDJ doesn't let you use variables as values for functions...
The only solution i know for this kind of problem is to write a super long code for different length like this:

var_bigger 'fx_time' 1 ?
var_bigger 'fx_time' 2 ?
var_bigger 'fx_time' 3 ?
var_bigger 'fx_time' 4 ?
var_bigger 'fx_time' 5 ?
goto +6ms
: goto +5ms
: goto +4ms
: goto +3ms
: goto +2ms
: goto +1ms

Depending on how accurate you need it to bee and what the min/max length your effect has the code could be
thousands of lines... But it can be generated so thats not the real problem.

I'm confused that you said goto accepts absolute times only because relative values
work fine for me and it's also in the documentation... =o
If it does not work for you, you might try nudge instead.
It's not as clean as goto but it works similar.

I hope i could help you somehow. It would be great if you'd post your scripts in here to see what and how
you have done this so far.

Regards, Daniel =)

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 4:09 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
When I say "accept absolute values" I mean by casting,
It appears nudge will do it, thanks! I'd forgot all about nudge, this is what I've got, as a knock together

It's not going to win any prizes, what with repeat_start scripts having a 33ms speed limit there can be a touch of drift , but that much drift is part of the performance for me

toggle "1/2pitch" & var "1/2pitch" ? pitch & param_multiply 50% & pitch & repeat_start_instant 'rsiSW' 33ms & set 'SW' "`get_var 'SW' & param_add 16.5" : pitch & param_multiply 200% & pitch & repeat_stop 'rsiSW' & get_var 'SW' & param_cast "ms" & nudge & set 'SW' 0

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 7:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)