Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: help!! i am new here prelistening

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

shlaktovControlleristMember since 2014
Hello everyone,
First of all, this my first post so bear with me on this, I recently got my surface pro 3, and installed vdj 8, got an external USB sound card and wart to start mixing as a hobby just to play the music I like.
Here is the problem I bought the subscription and all but the problem seems that I have no clue on how to configure this thing with all the channel, input and output. As I said I am not a DJ and will never be just out of fun I want to do this thing.
Moreover , is it possible to make one output the earphone and the other the headphone just to play the music for yourself only.
So guys any tutorial on how to configure this thing and make it work for pre-listening it will be great.
Regards,
Fellow noob

Posted Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 2:02 pm
I am having the same problem with this. Surely there is an easy solution? Everything in the FAQ's doesn't work.

I plug my speakers into the front output and my headphones in the back, but then no sound comes out of my headphones at all. I reverse them and then no sound comes out of my speakers at all. I have a 5.1 soundcard built in. Am I not doing something in the sound config inside VDJ? Can anyone put up a quick step by step?

I also used a splitter cable and after that the same song would come out of my left speaker and left headphone, and the other track on the right. So frustrating. I just want to be able to try and mix and you'd think with a DJ program this would be the one thing that is easiest to set up being one of the most important things.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 10:58 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
@user9386628
what USB Soundcard do you use exactly and how is your present audio config.
Screenshot of the audio tab might be helpful

Posted Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 3:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)