Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: virtualdj 8 and rewire ableton live 9 is not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I have virtualdj 8 updated and I can't make rewire be show on the dropbox I tried many times with different sound cards even with the internal one on my mac and my windows desktop I even tried in my friends pc and nothing . . please help, I have macbook pro retina 8 gigs ram 250gb hard drive, vdj8 and ableton live 9 lite (my friend have live 9 suite)

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 8:45 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Are you opening the SW in the right order, (V8 First)

You are using 32b version of Ableton?

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 8:51 am
I did everything by the book, even reinstall live, I am running Mac and everything is the same (64 bits), I installed sound flower and I can see it but I can't see rewire on the drop list, any help please?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 3:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You need to use 32b software.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 4:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
On mac, you would need 64-bit software.
The problem here is that at the moment, rewire on mac is not yet supported.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 12:33 am
rewire is supported on mac, I called to Ableton, amazingly they are more worried for their customers than Virtual dj, I followed all the instructions they provided, but I haven't heard anything from virtual dj, zip zero, nada. anyway I think if I want to use ableton live during my mixes I should buy serato sl1

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 7:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
deejaydlc wrote :
rewire is supported on mac, I called to Ableton, amazingly they are more worried for their customers than Virtual dj, I followed all the instructions they provided, but I haven't heard anything from virtual dj, zip zero, nada. anyway I think if I want to use ableton live during my mixes I should buy serato sl1

You heard from VirtualDJ right above your post - the CTO no less - rewire is not currently supported in the Mac version of VDJ.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 8:49 am
oliveracControlleristMember since 2009
I have the same isuue.

Is there any intention from Virtual Dj to add ReWire to Mac version of VDJ8?
As long as I know I have paid the same amount of money than Wondows users.

Thank you very much.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 6:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)