Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: splitter cables work??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 3:22 pm
djezmgsPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi
An Audio Splitter is a simple device that dose what it says. Audio is normally in 2 channels:
Left and Right = Stereo
for each channel there is:
2 audio wires A. + and A. Neg - or shield/Gnd. for a total of 4 wires.
For a basic 2 channel system you will need 2 RCA cables for each device you are connecting. (L+R)

How splitting the audio works...
you got your DJ system set up at home in the studio, You want to look into say doing a radio show on www.soundwaveradio.net <they are looking for EDM DJ's...
now you just relished there is an issue... I need to steam To the Web And,,, I need to monitor my Mix thru the Studio Speakers... oh mi...
So now, your starting to get a little worried... How do I split the Master out Audio from a mixer/controller that only has one output? right?
Simple.
Say from RCA you simply install an RCA audio splitter thus enabling you to connect you Audio Master output to a 2nd device EG:
**back of mixer**
RCA-Stereo (Master Audio Out) ->- RCA Splitter L+R1->- To RCA>EQ>Amp>speaker.
------------ Splitter from L+R1->- To RCA Audio in on Web Stream audio device.
Notes:
* May need RCA to 3mm (1/4 inch) audio plug for connecting you output to the streaming (aux in)/device) whatever...
** Both Audio lines will be playing the same "Audio feed" from the "audio souse", you are simply "Splitting" the audio, so you can Bud on another RCA port to an input.
You can connect both RCA (line level) in this manor with little to no side effects,
by splitting the audio one, in this manor, one, can Feed the Studio speakers and the other side of the splitter feeds the web stream
but this will also add a slight reduction in m/db gain (@ line (RCA level 4v pep)) as a loss but will be very minimal if connecting device is local to your system and not 90ft away lol ;)
there are may different types of audio splitters, but mostly all work in the same manor splitting up the feed audio, so you can have dual output.
Down side:
Little db loss.
Clicks and Hums are possible on cables over 5ft runs when splitting.
plugs/ends become weak over time.
* Use Extra Shielded RCA/Audio cables.
** Ferite rings cores can helpful.
*** Do not run RCA line cable parallel with cables such as 110v and 220v AC.
**** Keep audio equipment away from High R.F energy fields and cell phones etc.
good luck.
DJ.MGS

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 6:49 pm

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 11:19 am
djezmgsPRO InfinityMember since 2014
You can Plug that splitter in the the Head phone jack on the controller and then you can plug in 2-Head phone into That splitter. YES
but it wont be as Loud as you are Dividing up the headphone jack. so it might sound a little lower than Normal, also try and use the same Ohm. Imp head set to match.
good luck.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 12:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)