Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Search does not work correctly with the Russian keyboard layout

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was faced with the challenge of finding a basis of Russian songs with tags. Search does not work with the first letter in the name of the song in any word. We have to pass the first letter of each word to find something. MacOS.

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 3:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you copy the full artist name and the full entry you searched for here?

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 4:25 am

Posted Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 11:20 am
Search in Russian doesn't work. Is this gonna be fixed? Can't believe this hasn't been tested before release.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 6:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The original issue of this topic will be fixed in the next build.

@djfilosoff: You will have to be more specific about which searches are not working.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 2:58 am
I tested old builds. The issue wasn't present until build 1973. Build 1970 was the last one where search in Russian worked. Unfortunately, my controller and soundcard don't work with that build.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 3:48 am
Adion wrote :
The original issue of this topic will be fixed in the next build.

@djfilosoff: You will have to be more specific about which searches are not working.

Searches that contain Cyrillic characters using Russian language as input. For expample, I'm searching for this song "ЮРИЙ ШАТУНОВ - ЭТО ЛЕТО". When I type any of these words, the song doesn't show up. But its still in my library. Again, I tested old builds. The search worked good up to build 1970. In build 1973 it stopped working.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 3:52 am
I just updated to build 2369. Russian search is working again! Thanks you Atomix!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sun 09 Aug 15 @ 6:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)