Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: usb sound card work with mixer?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello guys..I used to dj with cd's but recently i start to dj with my friend with laptop and controler.I wanna take a usb sound card to put it on my laptop but i wanna ask you if i can dj without problem if i use mixer too.i saw some videos at youtube and at the comments many peoples said that this way to dj doesnt work if you connect a mixer too.Any ideas??!!

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 10:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Using a mixer you need 2 stereo outputs from your soundcard, Or make do with 2 mono outputs (1 for each deck), or (not a good idea) use both the external sound and internal sound to get your mixer inputs
Whatever you decision you'll need a VDJ licence to output to a external mixer.

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 10:46 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
If you want to start "digital djing" practice with a controller is not a bad way.
Do not care what other people say ... try to find your onw style whether it is with a midi controller, timecode/ mixer or CDJ´s
VirtualDJ V8 Pro Infinty offers all you need and beyond

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 2:01 pm
probably you dont understand me.i want to dj with laptop (without controller ) just with the keyboard and the mouse (just for start to be more comfortable with this idea) but because i dj in a bar i want headphones too.so i search throught the internet and i found the solution with usb sound card.and thats my question about usb and the mixer.many people think that this dosent work.(i hope to be more understandable this time)

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 2:43 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You want a full pro licence or subscription then.

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 6:34 pm
and then how i do the connect between pc-usb sund card - mixer??

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 6:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)