Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 2x CDJ 400, USB pull out, second player stopped!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Mr_TPRO InfinityMember since 2005
At the weekend I wanted to eliminate my equipment just before the end of the event. CDJ400 ran right side on deck 2 and the left CDJ400 on DECK 1 was free. I wanted the free player degrade ... after I pulled the USB plug, fell silent and the current player stopped playing. After I plugged in the USB connector again, the previously current CDJ for Player 1. the decks were reversed. but the worst that the player 2 stopped the playback.
Can I log off the not running player before?

Last Beta build 2195
OSX Mavericks

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 9:57 am
Why would you do that (disconnect a running controller or audio interface while VDJ is active)?

You wouldn't try and change your tyre while driving, would you? :-)

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 12:12 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I understand your surprise, but think about this, pulling a usb cable isn't the same as pulling a audio cable. As soon as you pulled that cable, deck 2 suddenly became the only deck connected, so it was deck 1, so if you want to start to pack up on the last track make sure it's deck 2 that you disconnect.

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 12:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
locodog wrote :
I understand your surprise, but think about this, pulling a usb cable isn't the same as pulling a audio cable. As soon as you pulled that cable, deck 2 suddenly became the only deck connected, so it was deck 1, so if you want to start to pack up on the last track make sure it's deck 2 that you disconnect.

Since at that point there would be no controller controlling deck 2, that doesn't explain why the deck stopped playing though.

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 10:53 pm
Mr_TPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok, i have no chance to Say left Player is deck 1 and right Player is deck 2 ???

I know what Young mean guys... I think about it

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 4:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In Options->Controllers, you can select a deck for each controller instead of leaving it on 'Automatic'

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 10:55 pm
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
You can not disconnect one player because both players create one sound card

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 9:10 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJ SWID wrote :
You can not disconnect one player because both players create one sound card

As above.

I've had the same thing happen to me with 2000s/2000nxs.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 2:31 pm
could this be related to using them as a sound card and u unplug the sound card = no sound ?

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 3:05 pm
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
wickedmix wrote :
could this be related to using them as a sound card and u unplug the sound card = no sound ?

Exactly that.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 11:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)