Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sound problems with latest update (2202.966)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. I have just installed the latest update for VDJ 8 (Build 2202.966) and I immediately noticed bad glitches in the audio which obviously were not there before. I seem to have found a way to reproduce the problem. When I am playing a song on one deck and I add another song on the other deck, there is a strange distorted sounded as the second songs waveform is being loaded. There are also random glitches as I'm playing music. Surely someone else is having similar issues?

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 6:38 pm
try and adjust songLoadPriority to low or idle should help out

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 7:05 pm
Thanks for the reply. The audio glitches occur randomly when I am just playing music, not just when I am loading a track. There is definately something wrong with the latest build.

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 5:03 am
not experiencing what you describe ... have you installed anything else new on your computer?

also try and disable any networking or WiFi devices this usually helps immensely

if your on windows try and give this a run and see what it tells you ... -> http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/105257/PC_Version_Technical_Support/_DPC_Latency_Checker_-_Fix_Audio_Problems.html

i know we like to blame the update but it isn't always the issue if all else fails you can roll back to the previous version instructions here -> http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/193007/Beta_Builds_Regression_Bugs/how_to_download_previous_builds.html

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 5:10 am
I have not installed anything new on my computer, I don't have wi-fi on etc, etc. I have been using VDJ 8 every day with no problem until last night when I installed the update. Is this latest update a beta build?

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 5:20 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
2202 is the current beta, if you've updated to anything less then you have a public build.

I'll admit I'm catching more audio drop outs with this build, I've only been testing with an un-optomised machine, but am comparing to a similar condition,
(my machine is garbage compared to most)
The only things that I can see that are new are the improved level monitoring & peak Audio on the system load monitor

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 5:26 am
I have the same issue and noticed that the CPU usage in this Build is higher than previous ones. Have to lower the FPS for both video and skin from 30 to 15 and it helped somewhat.

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 11:22 pm
I have just updated to Build 2204.966, and the problem I was having with the audio glitches appears to have been resolved. I did a quick 15 minute mix and I didn't hear any strange noises! Out of interest, does anyone know where I can find the update logs for beta builds?

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 7:27 am
Regression bug forum below this one

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 8:18 am
Thanks Wickedmix!

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 9:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)