Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Power Cord disconnect causes Encore 2000 to lose connection

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

2flynnPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi Guys,
I have a problem here that I really can't figure out and it's causing me a lot of trouble.
I'm running VDJ 8 Pro with the American Audio Encore 2000 on MacBook Pro (Yosemite)

I'm in a wedding band and DJ after the gig. I have always used VDJ without any trouble but since getting the Encore 2000 have run in to some trouble.
On Saturday plugging out my laptop and moving to a different socket caused the music to cut off ( Encore loses connection with laptop which needs a software reboot )
The software doesn't miss a beat the track is still spinning. The Encore never loses power either. I have also had this problem when say a bass player on the other side of the room plugs out his Amp or a light or whatever. I thought I had a dodgy plugboard and have replaced them all. I was using an external HD and have since moved to internal to see if that would solve it but no joy.

It seems to me to be some sort of power surge but it affects nothing ( not the laptop, VDJ or the Encore ) except the USB cable. So I've been left a few times high & dry and the start of the set or the end (if I start unplugging lights myself)

If anyone has experienced anything like this or could shed some light on it I would be very grateful. At the moment all I can think to do is run the Mac on battery only although the Encore will still be powered by the same plug board so this may not be the answer either.

Thanks in advance!

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 3:24 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is a know problem for some American Audio devices.
The VMS 4 had the same happening if you have switch on a lamp or a fog machine that is on the same circuite.
There is no one fits all solution to this.

The best approch is to run the laptop and the controller on its on circuite and all other devices on another.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 6:08 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
recommended solution for that kind of "sensitive" controllers:
UPS for power supply +
DI Box ( like Palmer or similar) for the out´s to amplifier

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 6:18 am
2flynnPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Thanks for the quick replies, at least I am not alone. so i can put the problem down to the Encore!
Maybe i'll run the first / last few sets from another source, maybe 'aux' while people are disconnecting as some venues may only have one power socket.
Thanks again
And if any one else has any other suggestions i'd be happy to hear.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 6:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)