Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Moving Filter and Favorite Folders from 7 to 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm trying to take a "poll" to see if anyone else had issues seeing their filter folders that they made in 7, appear in 8.
I made a quick program that fixed this situation for me, but if I'm the only one that had the problem, I see no reason to post it!

Details: I found that VDJ 7 stores your favorites and filter folders in a single XML file. VDJ 8 stores them all in separate XML files with a .vdjfolder extension, in a folder called "folders." These files are named according to your folder name; for example, a filter called "Key Mix" will be called "Key Mix.vdjfolder" In that file will be the parameters used to do the filtering
My utility analyzes the single XML file, breaks the important lines out into the individual .vdjfolder files, and places the filter parameters in the file.

If there is even a small need for this utility, I will clean it up and post it immediately!

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 9:30 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
No need for that because V8 does convert the V7 database to a v8 database if there is none.
If you need to create a new v8 database, just rename all "database.xml" files to "backup_database.xml" or something.
Then launch VDJ 8 and a new v8 database will be created. Including all filter and virtual folders.

Additionally, the filter and virtual folders are not stored in 1 xml file in v7. If you have tracks on an external or a second/ third internal drive, v7 creates additional database xml files in the root folder of the drive. They are named "VirtualDJ local database v6.xml".

So if you have that file on an external and a virtual folder that contains tracks of that external drive your "external" database would contain that virtual folder informations.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 3:51 am
RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks for your input. I figured it was something wrong with mine!

Posted Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 6:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)