Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 Video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Anyone out there having any issues playing video in VDJ 8?

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 8:49 pm
yes. My mc6000mk2 doesn't like video files and blue screens me. It's a denon driver issue for me.. i wish they'd issue a new driver. in vdj7 the videos play but skip a lil bit

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 5:20 pm
Not issues per say ... more of a black screen here and there in older encoded mpeg videos. No crashes.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 8:21 pm
I play video 8 hours a night, three days a week, in the club. There are two other video DJs in the club, and we all use VDJ. None of us have issues, and we have different hardware. Maybe there is some hardware issue, you are having.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 5:49 pm
RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have had massive issues with VDJ8 playing video. VDJ7 runs very smooth on my laptop, which is not top of the line by any means. VDJ8 on the same machine is more like a slide show, and causes huge latency problems for me (turntables are VERY delayed).

I'm going to go through my settings tonight since last night I disrupted the harmony I had between VDJ7 and 8 living together on the same machine. I'll let you know if I find anything that might be useful!

Posted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 11:27 am
glenskiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
yes. My mc6000mk2 doesn't like video files and blue screens me. It's a denon driver issue for me.. i wish they'd issue a new driver. in vdj7 the videos play but skip a lil bit

Very bizarre!

I have and use the Denon MC6000MK2 with VDJ8 under Windows 8.1 flawlessly without any issues...

What make / model No. is your laptop? What are the specs? Do you have a dedicated graphics card?

Have you full optimised your laptop for digital DJing?

Posted Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 7:58 pm
RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Solution to my problem was forcing more video memory in the settings. I have 1 GB of shared RAM and it was set to automatic, but was barely using any apparently. I forced it to 512mb. All of my video problems went away.

Posted Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 8:08 pm
glenski, its a driver issue with the denon.. it was perfect until a few builds ago. the current denon driver for the MK2 causes a BSOD because its conflicting with a change made in vdj 8 however no such issue in vdj 7. My laptop is prefecture optimized with a 3rg gen i7, 8 gb ram, dual video cards (intel and geforce) geforce is used for vdj. all drivers current and completely updated os. win 8.1

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 12:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)