Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 8 scripting help.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Good day everyone! I recently purchases a Pioneer DDJ-SZ and although VDJ 8 recognizes the controller, there are a few things that do not work as they do when this controller is running on Serato DJ. I may need to add the scripts in myself. Here are a few things that aren't working properly or at all: The Oscillator effects (volume output is way to low, even with the effects volume turned all the way up. The Sound Color FX, LP Filter, HP filter, Echo and Jet effects don't seem to work. I've done weeks of research on this subject on the net and I can't seem to get a clear answer to why the mapping for VDJ 8 isn't the same as it is in Serato DJ. If anyone can give me a few examples on scripts to add in filter effects and switching from single effects to multi-effects.. it'd be great.

Thanks

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 7:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
All the functions you have mentioned are Hardware.. those are not mapped in VirtualDJ (and i think they are not mapped in Serato either), so the software doesnt interfere or affects this functionality.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 8:29 pm
djdad wrote :
All the functions you have mentioned are Hardware.. those are not mapped in VirtualDJ (and i think they are not mapped in Serato either), so the software doesnt interfere or affects this functionality.

Hmmm, Ok I will keep messing around with it and do more searching. It works perfectly when I'm using Serato DJ as its intended. It just doesn't seem to co-operate with VDJ 8 very well.

Thanks anyway.

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 3:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)