Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: trying to keep everything in the green or amber

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i'm trying to run my ddj-s1 with virtual dj 8 but i'm wanting to keep the channel 1 and channel 2 in the green without having to reset the level on every song. when i load a song in and i have my line level turned down to say about 10 oclock from the previous song, the level in the program will stay at 12 oclock until i move the knob again to reset it. i do notice that when this happens that in the program it has a "ghost" of where the line level was at the 10 oclock position. this is not very handy because when the levels are going at the 12 oclock position everything on the line levels is red and i'm trying to step back from doing that. is there anyway around this. i know that i can keep the master in the green with a little amber when mixing, but i'm really wanting to get these line levels where i want them. thanks!

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 8:38 am
Set "autogain" to "auto" and "zerodb" to 0.7 in options.
Then 12 o clock should meet your needs. If you find the autogain still high try to set "zerodb" to 0.65 or 0.6

(PS: You need to reload the decks for the setting to take effect)

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 9:32 am
thanks for your help! while it did work for some songs that i have, i guess the way that the auto gain works still makes a few tracks a little hot even after taking it down as you had mentioned. would it be benificial for me to maybe turn off auto gain?

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:14 am
also, one more question - when using the program, i know that there is a limiter, if you are using a controller, does it work?

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:28 am
djkrazykris12 wrote :
would it be benificial for me to maybe turn off auto gain?

No, beacause the gain of each track would stay at it's original value and you would need to adjust the gain manually all the time...
djkrazykris12 wrote :
also, one more question - when using the program, i know that there is a limiter, if you are using a controller, does it work?

Limiter is always enabled.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 11:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)