Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need some help please New pc and vdj not acting right

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI everyone I just bought the new alienware 17, its a beast of a pc with 2 internal hard drives my c drive is the chip and not a spinning drive it's got windows 8 with 64 bit 16 gig ram and usb3. so way over board for vdj. so I open vdj on this thing and the screen is just fuzzy, when you move the mouse letting or names of songs jump around, the screen for vdj just doesn't look or act right very hard to explain. secondly, the asio driver, I did not install it and didn't think I needed to, so I opened vdj with my mc6000 connected and I get a massage saying the asio driver not found, but then after after a restart it played, so I saved the set up and shut it down and opened again and....again I got the massage no asio driver found. so what can I do the fix the vdj screen looking and acting not right and the asio thing.. are there tweaks for windows 8 and vdj?
thanks everyone for your help

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 6:37 pm
hi here's the update ok with the vdj screen. when I drag my mouse anywhere over the song name -artist- or any song info and my mouse goes over any part of that part of the screen the letters pixelate and bounce.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 6:45 pm
If your screen is "fuzzy" then maybe you're running at the wrong resolution. What res is your monitor, and is Windows set to the same res as the monitor?

Also, what version of VDJ and what skin are you using? Some old skins don't display correctly on VDJ 8.

If your controller has an ASIO compatible audio interface, then you DO Need to install the supplied driver in order to get low latency.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 4:59 am
groovindj wrote :
If your screen is "fuzzy" then maybe you're running at the wrong resolution. What res is your monitor, and is Windows set to the same res as the monitor?

. what version of VDJ and what skin are you using? Some old skins don't display correctly on VDJ 8.

If your controller has an ASIO compatible audio interface, then you DO Need to install the supplied driver in order to get low latency.

SORRY I SAID PC IN THE BEGINNING I AM ON A ALIENWARE 17 LAPTOP NOT A DESKTOPPC.
1)HI AND THANK YOU, MY SCREEN RESOLUTION IS SET ST 1920X1080, THE RES FOR VDJ IS THE VDJ 8 SKIN 2 DECK SKIN IS SET TO 1920X1080 SO ITS THE SAME RESOLUTION. THE FUZZY....IS SOME KIND OF PIXELATION WHEN THE MOUSE POINTER RUNS OVER ANYTHING ON THE LOWER HALF OF THE SCREEN. IT DOES NOT DO IT ON THE PLAYER PORTION OF THE SCREEN.

2) I AM USING VDJ8, AND THE VDJ8 SKIN THAT CAME WITH IT.

3)WELL I HAVE AN OLDER ALIENWARE LATTOP AND WHEN THE LAST FIRMWARE CAME OUT FOR MY MC6000 I WAS TOLD TO UPDATE THE ASIO TOO. SO I WAS JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE, BUT ITS STRANGE HOW THIS LAPTOP IS NOT ALWAYS SEEING THE ASIO DRIVER WHEN I CONECT THE MIXER. I AM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 6:57 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I suggest to update your mainboard and video card drivers.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 7:28 am
after digging some more i have found this fuzzy looking pixelation thing is the font text option. It's set to smart and with that setting when you scroll your mouse over anything all the numbers letters on the screen start to blink fade and break apart. If I said it to scroll then all the lettering within the boxes scroll properly, if I sedative fixed everything also works properly but you don't get the seal the words. So that was the issue.

Now with my asio driver issue, I have a spare MC 6000 I plug that in and now not having any problems. I'm going to hook up my main system again and see if this happens.

I do have one more question if anybody knows how to work with this, with Windows 8 which I'm not a huge fan of, the video window that I moved to the TV and make it full-sized, when I do that it shows my toolbar from my laptop on the bottom of the screen, is there something that turns that off so my TVs will not show the toolbar of my laptop.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 9:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)