Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: changed files from WAV to AIFF. Can I recover / find / link the VDJ metadata?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello
I am using VDJ 7 on a Windows 7 machine. It has been rock solid for me.
I recently changed all my WAV files to AIFF, to better keep metadata with the files themselves for times I am using Rekordbox and CDJs and or whatever comes in the future.
Is there a way to link the VDJ tags from my old WAV files to my new AIFF files? The only thing that has changed is the file type. The folder structure is still the same. Even the artist / title is the same.

thanks

Rolf

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 1:14 am
I'm afraid the files will have to be re-scanned by VDJ. Maybe someone knows a cool trick, but I don't think there is a magic wand for this one.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 8:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Guessing
Back up your DB (just for good measure)
hide your wavs out of the way (out side V8) then repatriate the(in V8) DB entry to the AIFFs , and rescan, maybe (try 1 if it works do the rest)

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 10:19 am
Locodog, what do you mean by "repatriate the DB entry to the AIFFs"?

I tried right clicking on my AIFF files, hoping to find a "link to metadata tag" choice... but to no avail.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 1:20 pm
I would guess the internal vdj database is linked to the original .wav files, so when you convert them the linkage is still to the .wav files and not the converted ones. You *might* be able to change the extension of your converted files and vdj *might* detect that you can embed tags in them (right-click and select file infos...) but the odds are stacked against you

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 2:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)