Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ LE 7.4.1 with American Audio VMS2 help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using VDJ LE 7.4.1 with my American Audio VMS2, it used to work fine. No I get no sound out of the Midi output, or with the head phones. On the computer i shows it's playing music but no sound comes out. All the buttons and slides on the MIDI move on the computer program. I show now sound on the MIDI it self. I go to the Config and the only option I get is the ADVANCED OPTIONS and it wants me to buy an upgrade. I have a valid serial number entered. I removed the program and reloaded it and still nothing. I'f I try to run it as a stand alone with just the PC it does the same thing. HELP... I have a party tomorrow and need this working.....

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 4:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You have Speakers connected to the Master Output of the VMS2, right ?
Master Volume up ? Gains ?
When a track plays, do the VU meters (Leds) on the VMS2 indicate "action" ?

Have you tried to re-install the ASIO drivers (if you are on Windows) ?

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 8:50 pm
Everything plugged in and I get sound through the mixer and out the speakers if I play a video on the computer from youtub, the volume will control it and I see the lights on the mixer move with the sound. I try to play music from VDJ light, I see the music on the computer screen but no sign of music on the mixer at all. Same config using Traktor I get music, but I like VDJ much better. I'm running Windows 7 and it worked fine on this PC last year, I haven't used it in a while now nothing. Is ASIO, a firmware?? I was looking to see if I needed a firmware update and if so, how to do it. My config box on VDJ VMS2 light, wants we to buy pro. I can change any settings in it.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 9:42 pm
Ok, I found ASIO and I have 1.2 on this PC. Still nothing.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 9:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I would suggest to backup your database and perform a clean installation, following this http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Clean%20Re-install.html (it is important to clean the registries)
The clean installation is actually equal to the "Reset to Factory settings", which should be available in Config->Info tab. But if this doesnt work, try the clean installation.

Also try to set your computer's built-in sound card as default (instead of the VMS2). Sometimes the ASIO drivers cant initialize if the WDM are used already.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 10:06 pm
Anyone know what the registry name for VDJ is in windows 7? I want to go in and remove just that registry.

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 9:26 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It is

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VirtualDJ

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 8:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)