Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Volume controls and crossfade on Mixdeck won't sync with Virtual DJ software but decks sync perfectly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ BuccPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have original mixdeck with Virtual dj software and can't get the volume and crossfader to sync with hardware but both decks are synced perfectly, if cue, play, change pitch, FX etc its in sync but when I change volume levels or cross fade they don't move together. As a side note, I patched into a numark mix track mixer and everything was synced included volume bars and crossfader. Any suggestions or has anyone experienced the same?

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 3:33 pm
If you have actual physical hardware in front of you (the Mixdeck) there is no longer any need for the software "virtual" controls. You have real ones.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 4:36 pm
But if I want to record a mix, the crossfade stays in the middle on the software and although Im mixing on the physical mixdeck it doesn't recognize and it records what Im doing in the cue, basically both sides are being recorded. And I rather not have to mix on the software part, that's the point of having the mixdeck.... thanks for help

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 5:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 7:31 pm
Thanks... just wanted to make sure I was missing a setting or something. Im surprised its setup like that, doesn't seem to make sense.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 9:51 pm
It makes complete sense. If you set VDJ to record, then VDJ is recording the signal before it's got to the Mixdeck and before you've mixed it with your hardware.

To capture what the Mixdeck is doing, you need to record from the output of the Mixdeck, not from the input (VDJ).

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 1:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)