Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ SX2 Bugs needing to be fixed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The panel button doesn't work
The loops (on the pads after selecting Loops) don't select the correct Pad or size of loops for some (as per the pads sx skin).
The parameter button on the slicer doesn't seem to work correctly.
The needle search can be used when playing a track but could not be used on the sx....Which isn't really a problem.
The adjust grid buttons seem to do the same whether you are pressing shift or not and the top and bottom do the same.
People on the forum have moaned about the gain control, but that seemed fine with the fix

I have only had this a day, but noticed these things, which didn't happen with the sx, was hoping for a bit more features with the SX2 i suppose.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 7:27 am
There are no other features. It's the same controller with flip buttons (serato feature), a slightly better sound card and colour pads. That's it!

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 7:54 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
I have also purchased a SX2 and i'm collecting problems. One that i have found is that when i first connected it to vdj without the driver it was recognised, but since i installed the driver for Windows and removed the sx2 from windows' audio configuration (audio out and record) the controller is not any more automatic recognised and i must manually select my audio configuration (master, headphones)

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 9:12 am
So is there no solution for the ddj sx2 problems?
can someone from VDJ comment on these issues plz...any solution workarounds???

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 3:00 am
There are no problems?

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 3:30 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Chreece wrote :
I have also purchased a SX2 and i'm collecting problems. One that i have found is that when i first connected it to vdj without the driver it was recognised, but since i installed the driver for Windows and removed the sx2 from windows' audio configuration (audio out and record) the controller is not any more automatic recognised and i must manually select my audio configuration (master, headphones)

if you remove the windows sound card device, VirtualDJ can't check if the sound sound card is present (vid, pid)
This is not for only the sx2, but for all sound cards and controllers with build-in sound card.
Why you want disable the sound card? Of course you can use the asio driver of the SX2 and set a different default windows sound card. It's not required to disable.

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 7:02 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
ksavage1981 wrote :
The panel button doesn't work

are you speaking of the "PANEL SELECT" button? (top left button)
with this button is possible to switch in sequence the pannels "mixer", "video", "scratch", "master"
Verified and it works.

ksavage1981 wrote :
The loops (on the pads after selecting Loops) don't select the correct Pad or size of loops for some (as per the pads sx skin).

not clear this point.. can you provide more details?

ksavage1981 wrote :
The parameter button on the slicer doesn't seem to work correctly.

parameter + / - (without shift): to set slicer lenght
shift + parameter + / - : to set slicer step
Verified and it works.

ksavage1981 wrote :
The needle search can be used when playing

it can be used also when the track is playing. Verified and it works.

ksavage1981 wrote :
The adjust grid buttons seem to do the same whether you are pressing shift or not and the top and bottom do the same.

while the button is pressed (without shift) you can adjust the witdth of the CBG. Remember to use the outer jog wheel (or set the jogwheel in scratch mode)
if pressed with shift: to set the first beat
Verified and it works.

ksavage1981 wrote :
People on the forum have moaned about the gain control, but that seemed fine with the fix

yes the gain control is already fixed.

Are you using the default mapper and the latest version of Virtuadj 8?

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 7:23 am
ksavage1981 wrote :

That's because SX and SX2 does not share the same mapper.
SX2 shares the same mapper with SZ as far as the PADS are concerned.

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 8:27 am
Sorry some of the items are skin related I believe. So the parameter button does work but does bit rotate though the skin, I am using pads sx. Hence why some of the sx2 features are a little difderent.
So should I be using the pads sz skin?

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 8:28 am
SZ funtions are closer to SX2 than SX itself. So try SZ skin as well.

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 9:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)