Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: auto set tag + btsync + missing data, or misunderstanding??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been working on syncing things up (i had a long post awhile back) and I keep running into files vanishing and struggles that make me just want to quit djing... I have had my fill of problems and again have run into another sizable setback.

I was auto writing my tag data so my sync was always going and i figure this would be part of the problem. So, once I discovered that vdj8 had the write tag button within the console I went for a new approach. I would change my year, and other data I wanted to write, and put a "d" in the user 2 field so I could easily make a filter folder and find these tracks. The plan was to then on my gig machine to open them up and write the tags so damaged files would be at least on my gig machine.

So I wrote a bunch of data and closed my PC down and opened up my laptop only to find not only were the tags not there, they didnt seem to be searchable in my database either its like I didnt write them at all.

OPening up my main PC again the data is gone, the year tags are empty and again I cant find this data stored in the databases not the current or archived version.

So where is this data or can it be recovered? I am pretty sure this data is stored, so where the hell did mine go if its not on my most recent archives? Also should set tags auto be on or not? Is it possible that over wrote all the data when launched on my gig machine with get tags auto on? I have my itunes synced (but it defaulted to wrong file initially) so these files while for the most part arent in itunes maybe it saw them as new files and took the info from tags?

Anyway.. any help anyone has I would love... gig in 3 hours I would prefer not to go in with this situation all messed up and databases out of whack.

Hopefully someone can help me sort this out.. I will backup the databases I have and see what happens.

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 5:29 pm
Update:Found the proper database files. Rawr! Hopefully I can figure out how to do this and figure out why the heck they were erased in the first place

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 5:48 pm
Solved it on my own, now just to sync it back.

Sort or related ? though... what does it take to throw itunes off of whack? If I just mofidy metadeta and not the file name will it find the file and update? If I change one bon jovi track to 1986 for example, i search my entire DB and edit them all. Is it safe to write to the actual file?

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 6:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)