Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Play list Errors

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have play list errors after upgrading from V/7 to V/8.0 I'm getting a strange red and green x next to all the songs in the play list. Now virtual cant find any of the songs and I have to search for every song one at a time :( , any ideas on a fast way to fix this issue thanks.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 4:23 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Open the Playlist with an editor and check if the filepath to your tracks is still the same.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 4:27 am
go back to vdj 7 clean and fix your database there then check the playlist in 7 i am sure the songs are missing there

then delete database.xml and open vdj8 and it will rebuild database for version 8 hopefully with the correct locations for all your existing files,

fyi music files don't go missing by installing vdj8

good luck

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 4:28 am
Open the Playlist with an editor and check if the filepath to your tracks is still the same. ( Im pretty good with computers but, do you have a step by step process on how to check files with an editor ?

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 11:27 am
Go to ../Documets/VirtualDJ/Playlists

do a rightlick on a playlistfile and choose open with... Notepad for example.

No you should see the filepath to the track. Check if it's the right path. If the path is wrong, VDJ is unable to find the track.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 6:19 am
Hello,

I have the same problem. I have VDJ7 and VDJ8 on the same old Macbook (core2 duo). Both versions can read the playlist files. VDJ7 can load the tracks from the playlists, VDJ8 cannot. If I look at the file details, VDJ8 believes the file to reside in /Users/schlechter/Music/Albums/Artist/Album/song.ext. The file really is in /Music/Albums/Artist/Album/song.ext which is also the path in the m3u-file. Somehow, VDJ8 prepends the users homedirectory to the pathes in the m3u files, even if these are clearly absolute pathes that are recognised by VDJ7.

By the way, VDJ8 consumes 80-90% CPU and the fans speed up when navigating through the "erroneous" playlists.

Current version is 8.0.0 mac build 2191.966

Posted Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 6:14 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just wondering, but how did you get the /Music root folder on your Mac?
Partitions are automatically mapped under /Volumes from what I know.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 6:21 am
German user had the same problem a couple of days ago.
I think he manually corrected the filepath and it's working again.
But we too don't know why the path was wrong.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 9:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)