Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: variable added to variable

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've ran in to a head scratcher, I want to add a variable to a variable, and save it as the first variable's name

set '$SCounter' '`get_var "$SCounter" & param_add "$ddScale"'

I've done similar adding numbers to a var but I can't get this one,
Could anyone help out, or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 4:13 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Bump, but no rush

Background I was aiming for a ducking volume fade with the new repeat_start action, but I would like to understand the param set of actions better.
Instead of monitoring the level sliders I monitored a variable, incremented doing something like this

set "$Counter" '`get_var "$Counter" & param_add 1'
Which when it equal another variable (the intended ducked level) it stopped (this works)

The next step was changing the ducking speed by way of changing the increment amount
I was hoping that I could increment by a variable and not an number, so the var counter goes down at a rate set by another variable (time is fixed at 10ms so the change of rate has to come from changing the increment size)

I think I have a work around, abandoning the variable counter and monitoring a invisible slider, but my first way feels better, if possible.

Also similar question, I can set a slider with a variable, but can I add a variable to a slider, lets say the variable is -0.1 and the slider is 0.5 and the desired result is 0.4

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 4:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)