Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 4 bugs on the latest version of vdj8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BUG1: When I load a song in deck2 which is the same song already loaded on deck 1 the waveform on the top disappears for some reason. it even does it when i press clone deck on the scratch mode
BUG2: When I videomix and the crossfader is all the way to the right or left then the video will not automatically video mix unless I move the crossfader just a little bit...I have it on auto as it was in vdj7 and not linked. Now if the crossfader is in the middle or not on the edges then videomix works fine...
BUG3: I might be wrong here.... when i press vinyl mode on my controller (denon mc2000) vinyl mode is activated. now i want to activate slip mode by pressing shift + vinyl mode again to activate it... i had this back when i was using a behringer bcd3000 and after when i was using a ddjergo...ive tried all codes and the only code ive used before was var '$shift ? vinyl_mode : slip_mode
BUG4: i have bet builds auto updates turned off but i am still getting them
im using a sony VAIO i7 with 8gbram 2gg Nvidia Pc is optimized for Vdj...No antivirus or other background programms running...Ive been using this laptop since 2012 with vdj LE that came with ddjergo and eventually i bought infinity liscence

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 12:04 am
chanserPRO InfinityMember since 2010
After installing LATEST build today, CONTENT UNLIMITED is finding songs AND I do NOT want that feature. How do you DISABLE Content Unlimited?

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 12:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
1. Will be fixed next build
2. Not seeing that here. Are you using external mixer with deck1/2 in audio config or master/headphones config?
4. Check in 'My account' if you still have beta builds activated in your account.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 1:16 am
yeah on my account i had the get beta builds...i just saw it...for the crossfader settings yes...ill check it again tomorrow to see whats going on

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 1:53 am
After checking out the second bug I've discovered by using the latest beta build 217.951 When mixing with video clip if the crossfader is on either of the edges, the video won't play. Even though i have it in auto mode I still control it. Nothing compared to vdj7 video auto mix mode (crossfader not linked mode).

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 7:25 pm

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 7:27 pm
user8689935 wrote :
BUG2: When I videomix and the crossfader is all the way to the right or left then the video will not automatically video mix unless I move the crossfader just a little bit...I have it on auto as it was in vdj7 and not linked. Now if the crossfader is in the middle or not on the edges then videomix works fine...

I can replicate this.

In version 7 with Crossfader disabled you could mix the videos using the volume faders and this worked regardless of the onscreen crossfader position.

In version 8 it appears that despite the crossfader being disabled and not affecting audio it does have some impact on video mixing.
Doing the same test as above if the crossfader is central then it works as expected BUT if the crossfader is fully to either side you can't mix the video back and forth using just the volume faders. The audio will mix but the video does not.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 7:29 pm
RegettoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
At the last update of 2162.953 there is an error at disk 2 a white square appears instead of the Red round.

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 4:48 am
This bug is specific to Fruit's skin and he's working to fix it...

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 9:10 am
I am using visuals for audio only files. When I click on the title plugin it disengages the telly visuals and I get a black screen.

DJ James

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 2:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
BUG Nr2: Confirmed with External Audio setup (fake mixer). Reported to Dev Team

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 6:13 pm
You wouldn't get this level of customer service from APPLE ;]

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 6:59 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
user8689935 wrote :

I can replicate this.

In version 7 with Crossfader disabled you could mix the videos using the volume faders and this worked regardless of the onscreen crossfader position.

In version 8 it appears that despite the crossfader being disabled and not affecting audio it does have some impact on video mixing.
Doing the same test as above if the crossfader is central then it works as expected BUT if the crossfader is fully to either side you can't mix the video back and forth using just the volume faders. The audio will mix but the video does not.

Can this please get fixed ASAP?!?!?!! I have a Rane MP2015 (that has no crossfader). It makes VDJ8 USELESS for me until this is fixed.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 7:14 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Make sure videoCrossfaderAuto is disabled in the options, then the video crossfader will remain central. SInce you have no crossfader to then move it, it won't be a problem...

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 7:36 am
But it is a problem, you have to move the crossfader slightly one way or the other or it doesn't work to display the video on the incoming track. Doesn't matter if auto crossfader is off or not.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 9:36 am
OK, I see what you mean. I will have a look at a solution.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 10:26 am
OK the next build will have a new transition that you can use; it's a full fade so at 50% crossfader position, both videos are displayed with full strength, meaning you can then fade them with the volume faders no problem.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 10:32 am
Beautiful! Thank you greatly! I must say it was great to get an email asking how the Rane MP2015 integration is going. It has worked flawlessly for me, audio routing, faders are tracking 100% and the vu meters track beautifully too!

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 1:42 am
Guys any updates on the video editor???ive already made 2 posts and no answer...The video editor makes vdj8 crash and restart

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 2:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)