Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Temporary Crossfade mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi
I'm using m-audio xponent and l like to tweak some of its mapping. There are 2 buttons aside crossfader which already mapped to temporary crossfade while pressed. (crossfade jumps to the sides).
I also want to add second option to keep the crossfade position by holding the same button for 2 seconds. (so it wont jump back to the last value ). somehow by adding the second command the temporary action is disabled.

default mapping : action_deck 1 ? crossfader 0% temporary : crossfader 100% temporary

new mapping : holding 2000ms ? action_deck 1 ? crossfader 0% : crossfader 100% : action_deck 1 ? crossfader 0% temporary : crossfader 100% temporary

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 10:52 pm
Yes, temporary (or better yet "while_pressed") and "holding" can't work together on the same script...

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 12:56 am
So, what are my options?

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 1:18 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You've got a shift button

I'm not sure what your shift variable is but it's usually '$shift'

action deck 1 ? var '$shift' ? crossfader 0% : crossfader 0% while_pressed : var '$shift' ? crossfader 100% : crossfader 100% while_pressed

or you could slap the crossfader about

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 8:00 am
Pondering, could you take the current XF reading as a variable 'XFold'

Then in the !holding reply, reply with down ? new XFader position : set crossfader to variable 'XFold'
I'm not on my machine so I can't check.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 8:21 am
After testing "holding & down" don't play together well.

I've one more idea that if you press and hold one button and press the other then it sticks to position 1, if you're interested.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 11:04 am
that's like a great idea. so I can hold crossfade button and than press another key to disable temporary position and stick it . am I right? how can I map that?

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 8:51 pm
Yeah, holding the "punch in" button and pressing the other punch in button will do what you want, I'm drunk now but I'll give you the script when I can see straight.

Posted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 5:48 pm
lool. cool, I'll wait for it

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 12:38 am
It should be something like this

set '$OldXF' '`crossfader' & action_deck 1 ? down ? var_equal '$Rpunch' 1 ? nothing : crossfader 0% & set '$Lpunch' 1 : get_var '$OldXF' & param_cast & crossfader & set '$Lpunch' 0 : down ? var_equal '$Lpunch' 1 ? nothing : crossfader 100% & set '$Rpunch' 1 : get_var '$OldXF' & param_cast & crossfader & set '$Rpunch' 0 :

Instead of action_deck 1 I believe device_side 1 can be used but it wasn't working for me on keyboard and your original mapping didn't have that so it should be ok.

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 4:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)