Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: N4 Cue knob prob!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys, I just got an N4. VDJ is great, but I´m having a few issues. First - The headphone cue/master knob is max master vol at 5o´clock, and max cue vol at 12o´clock, with total fade at full left for both master and cue. So I can´t isolate the cue, as I´m getting a whack of master volume at 12o´clock on top of the cue volume.
second- I downloaded the ipad remote app for VDJ, it was working fine until I bought the N4 and upgraded to the VDJ LE software, now it won´t work. Did I throw away a tenner?
third- I can´t use the keyboard now for anything. For example, I can only start a song with the N4 controller attached. I cannot play a song by pushing space bar.
Cheers!
Kev

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 4:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The LE version is a plug n play software, which allows you to use just your controller with the pre-defined actions and settings. So you cant use your keyboard or the iRemote application with the LE version. If you wish that, you will have to upgrade to Pro Infinity.

As for your 1st Q, if the CUE/MASTER is at 5 o clock, then all you hear in your headphones is the MASTER. If you wish to hear in your headphones to whatever channel you have selected via the PFL/CUE buttons, you need to turn it to the CUE position (7 o clock)

If for any reason i have miss-understood your CUeing problem, please post a screenshot of the AUDIO setup of the LE (if available).
If not available, please also check this (set the N4 sound card to Quadrophonic mode) http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-listening%20with%20headphones%20with%20Sound%20cards%20without%20ASIO%20drivers.html

Btw, unless the LE version offers a an Audio Setup in the Setting, it requires both speakers and Headphones to be connected to the unit.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 3:52 am
Hi DjDad,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tested the hardware with direct line input into the N4 and the problem is not there, it seems to be in the software/mapping.

First of all, the Cue track is playing through the right main output (FOH) speakers. This shouldn't be here, it should only be in the headphones, but the cue volume knob is working correctly with this. Full left and the cue plays through the speakers (channel volume fader all the way down). The volume knob does not affect this volume, and when I turn it it won't turn in the VDJ software, although the cue knob turns in the software.

Second, Through the headphones, The cue is at max volume when it is dialled to 12o'clock. The volume knob is working correctly here for the headphones. Here are examples of what is happening with the mix volume all the way up:
Cue knob
Full left / 7 o'clock : no cue volume, no master volume
middle / 12 o'clock : max cue volume, lots of master volume
Full right / 5 o'clock : no cue volume, max master volume.

So, as you see the settings in the photo, no cue volume is playing in the headphones, but it is playing through the speakers.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 12:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I doubt there is an issue with the mapping files. Nothing is changed within the last few years, since the controller came into the market, and no mapping issue has ever been reported.
So most likely, there is either an Audio Setup issue/error, or the sound card is not declared as quadrophonic.

Can you provide what i have asked in my previous post ? Audio Setup screenshot (if available in VirtualDJ LE config) and a screenshot of Audio Midi Setup.
Did you go through the quadrophonic setting ?

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 5:41 pm
Here are some screen shots. It wasn't set to quadrophonic, but I changed it there. Each speaker works separately with the test, but the exact same problem persists.

Posted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 6:05 am
Sorry, double posted a pic there, here is the one I meant to send

Posted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 6:06 am
You have selected "mono separated". That is your problem.

You would usually only select that option if you had only one stereo output and needed to cue (in mono).

You need to select "4 out card".

Posted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 9:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)