Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON MC 6000 Channels 1&4 not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CarconPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys,

I'm using a DENON MC 6000 + MACBook Pro + VDJ PRO7 and can't seem to find the way to have channels 1&4 working, channels 2&3 work correctly. I've tried with both VDJs recommended config for 2 decks and 4 decks (headphones instead of external mixer + PC MIX ). All latest drivers have been downloaded as well.

Does anyone know the correct config for using channels 1&4 independently from channels 2&3?

Tks!

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 3:39 am
I know it's obvious, but on VirtualDj 7 you MUST use a 4 decks skin in order to have the unit working correctly on 4 decks mode
Also all source selectors on top must be on USB/MIDI pos.
And of course you need to set the back switch on "PC MIX"

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 5:46 am
Many tks Phantom!

Can you use VD7 with 2 decks config and use DENONs channels 1&4 or it's always channels 2&3 by default?
If i'm using a MacBook Pro would it matter setting the back switch on "PC" or on "MAC" on my DENON? My guess would be to use on "MAC" with a Mac and on PC with a PC..

Let me check on those 4 decks skins!!

Tks again!

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 6:28 am
Only channels 2&3 have the USB audio, so it makes sense to use those because the MC6000 can use either "internal mix" or "PC mix" mode and the channels will work in both modes without the DJ needing to consider which mode they are in.

Channels 1&4 do not have USB audio so they will only work with VDJ in "PC mix" mode as control channels, not real "internal" mixer channels.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 7:20 am
You can't use 4 channels with a 2 deck skin on VirtualDj 7.
That's because VirtualDj 7 would "wrap" Ch1+3 and Ch2+4 together.
In other words deck 1 & 3 controls would act as if it was the same deck.

That has changed on VirtualDj 8

And since you are on a MAC it makes perfect sense to change the switch on "MAC" on the back side of the unit...

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 7:37 am
Tks Groovin & Phantom for your quick answers!!

What I meant earlier is if I can use channels 1&4 independently on a 2 decks skin config with VD7? I think groovin has answer already this query...

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 9:06 am
No luck...I tried with a 4 deck skin and on pc mix + internal headphones (exactly same config VDJ recomens for 4 decks..once a play a song on either deck it will sound even if the volumens on my denon channels are muted...if i played deck 1 deck 2 deck 3 and deck 4 simultaneously with all 4 channels muted on my mc 6000 all 4 decks will play at the sanw time! There's is no channels indepence nor pre-lisenting...any ideas why? Tks

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 12:28 pm
Post a screenshot of your sound settings

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 12:34 pm

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 3:33 pm
Have you set your card to quadraphonic speakers through audio/midi setup on MAC OS X ?

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 5:51 pm
I don't think so where I can I do it? If I go to system preference-- sound--- i don't find that option...

Many tks!

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 6:12 pm
Launchpad->Utilities->Audio/MIDI setup

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 12:57 am
Tks Phantom....I've changed to quadraphonic and I still have the same problem as before...All decksĀ“s sound with all 4 channels muted...Here is all Audio/MISI setup:

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 5:22 am
apologies, some screens shots are duplicated!

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 5:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
just a heads up.. you can use any 2 decks skin as a "fake" 4 decks one, by just changing the nbdecks value in the xml of the skin (first line) ;)

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 7:07 am
Tks Djdad! But I've no idea how to do that!

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 10:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Unzip the Skin file (the one you want to use - could be the default one or any other 2 decks skin) and open the xml file with a Text Editor.
You will then see at the top first line something like this..
<Skin name="VirtualDJ7 (2 Decks)" version="7" width="1600" height="900">
If no nbdecks parameter exists , add it like this..
<Skin name="VirtualDJ7 (2 Decks)" version="7" width="1600" height="900" nbdecks="4">
Save, update the zip and re-launch VirtualDJ.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 5:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)