Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: TAG EDITOR FAILS TO SAVE INFO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I can no longer save anything I write to tag editor in vdj8. I have the latest build. I am using a PC. I have not changed anything in options. It accepts it when I type it in but if I close the program and re-open it all the info on the tags that I previously entered does not appear. It started doing this suddenly. I have tagged several hundred files previously with no problem until now. It should be noted if I change or rename the file outside vdj8 it will display that but changes I make within vdj8 tag editor will not save. And Yes once I type the info in tag editor I click the save file button.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 1:42 am
I'm having the same problem. change a tag field in VDJ and doesn't update or change. Yes I too do hit the save button.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 6:52 pm
I'm having the same problem. change a tag field in VDJ and doesn't update or change. Yes I too do hit the save button.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 6:52 pm
Is the folder you are saving the info to Read Only ???

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 8:04 am
I'm having the same problem here since the last update. If I install the version 1872, everything Works fine. It's just it to update, then looks like it's running in some kind of "read only". And no, there's nothing wrong in the options.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 9:09 pm
Saving to an internal or external drive? No one so far has said....

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 7:51 am
Team:

I just noticed this problem this morning. I am not sure if this is an extension of the original poster, but anything I have played for the first time in the last week does not show up with a BPM or with a first play / last play date. To answer the previous question, I am using two RAIDed internal HDDs (which has been my setup for the last several years). If it helps, the last date modified timestamp on my database file is 5/25/15. I have played a track and restarted the program several times, but there are no writes to the database --- the timestamp remains the same, indicating that it is not writing to the database.

I can run some further tests if you can tell me how to roll back to a previous version or perhaps there is a archive of older versions you can point me to? My guess is, the release before 5/25/15 would be a good place to start.

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 11:05 am
Please search your options for a key named "readonly"
Is it set to "yes" ? Switch it to "no"

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 11:18 am
Thanks very much! That worked. Phantom, I had no idea that option existed. Did that get turned on in an update? I certainly don't remember turning it on, considering I didn't even know it existed.

Also, I noticed that my database was working fine this entire week, and then today, all of the songs since 5/25/15 lost their bpms --- they essentially looked like they have never been played before, even though they were played multiple times during the course of the last week. VDJ was restarted multiple times during the week and I know those songs had bpms, first play dates, etc. attached to them after those restarts. I guess what I'm saying is, I would have noticed if this was happening the entire week and it was not. So something very peculiar happened when I updated this morning to the new VDJ version (2305.990) to cause songs that I was playing the entire week to simply lose their metadata...

Anyways to anyone having this issue, after you switch from "yes" to "no", restart VDJ, and then try the tag editor or playing a track. It worked for me!

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 11:46 am
I'm having the same issue, but it only seems to be with a limited number of files. I've checked all my settings (read only is marked as 'yes'), I've reset the tags in iTunes, VDJ, and via Windows Explorer, and yet these files seem to keep reverting back to not having correct tags in VDJ.
Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be great!
Cheers

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 9:42 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
ReadOnly should be set to no

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 10:27 am
Try this, The Files must be not loaded on the decks, take the tag editor from the browser, had worked to me when modified the file name too,

GK

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 12:21 pm
I checked the readOnly and it is set "no", then just tried the following:
- Run Virtual DJ as administrator, failed.
- Edit tag of a loaded track, failed.
- Edit tag of a unloaded track, failed.
- Edit tag of a track that was not loaded in the session, failed.

This problem occur on some tracks, most of them but not all.
My entire library is in my PC internal hard drive. I noticed changing any tag info in the Windows seems to "unlock" the edit in the Virtual DJ, then it Works the way it should for that track. Except for the cover art.
In previous versions of VDJ, i could pick any Picture from internet or my computer with almost any dimensions and to save it to the tag. Now the Pictures are just attached on the file, and the tag still reports "no cover". I did set the "download Cover" option to "no" because it does not work for me in my opinion, and this was already set "no" in previous version. I still have near 500 tracks without cover and I do not want to install another software to do it, so, i'm stuck until this problem get fixed.
My current installation does not have any effect or skin or any other mod. But even the older versions without these mods, still do the job.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 8:56 pm
I originally had my setting on 'read only no', I changed it to 'yes' as I noted in my earlier post, but neither seemed to work. I've now re-set it back to 'no' and it appears that tags I write in VDJ remain there after I close and re-open the program. Though I am still having the odd file which does not read when first loaded into the VDJ database, and has to be manually entered into VDJ.
As I am currently re-organising my music collection this is slowing me down some, but at least the end result is the way it should be. I suspect there is another reason for the tags not reading as the songs are loaded, possibly an issue with either Windows Explorer or iTunes. If I work out which it is I will post another comment. For now though I am happy. :)

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 11:58 am
@engmarlon what type of files are failing

mp3?
wav?
flac?
mp4?
karaoke?
Video?

what build of vdj are you using?

also what happens when it fails an error message or crash?

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 1:54 pm
@wickedmix

My tracks are mostly mp3 audio files. This bug still persists in latest build.
I don't receive any message and the software don't crash. When i click [OK] button, it just works like a [CANCEL] button. Then i reopen the tag editor, and all the track's info are like before the editing.
The cover art glitch is different: When i click [Save to tag] it saves to another "slot" called "Attachment...". But the "slot" Tag still remains black. That choosen cover is displayed but Virtual DJ is the only software that can read this "attachment slot". The cover art is stored in cache folder of the Virtual DJ, separetely from the music. To me, this turns into a mess. I want and need that the cover art and the track file, walk toward sunset hand in hand!

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 10:50 am
I am also having this issue with tags. I got 9 songs cached off content unlimited and when I renamed them and exited the program, I came back to all blank titles and artist. I have never had this issue before and read all previous lines with nothing fixing it. Hope it is a temp issue as well as the BPM not matching up. DJed today online and had to manually match almost every song cause the option was no where near close on most songs.

added:
After re downloading the songs after deleting the old files which all for some reason turned into - for title (with numbers to separate as it was multiple ones), I tried to edit them again. Each edit reverted back each time to the original name which is incorrectly titled as it shows it album name in the title field.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 11:53 pm
Hi everyone.
Apparently the cover art not being saved to tag problem has been fixed in the latest update (2345.1017). The change log mentioned some id3 tag bugs being fixed and here, it worked.
Thank Atomix!

Posted Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 8:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)