Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: AUDIO / SOUND CARD ISSUES

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am running VDJ 7.4 in a MacMini with Windows7. (very efficient) This is part of a Smithson Martin Emulator system. The external sound card I am using is an NI Audio DJ4. It's been working flawless for the past year and a half. In the last few months (several events) and of course sporadically, the sound card fails. What I mean is the green lights turn red and a shrieking noise comes thru the sound system. To fix the problem I have to un plug the sound card and plug it back in then everything works fine. Over the weekend it failed enough times that I had to remove it from the system and just use the internal sound card in my MacMini. Here is what I tried leading up to this....changes the USB cable (3 times), re installed the drivers, threw the audio DJ4 against the wall...(ok well I wanted to but didn't)

Any suggestions as to what might have happened? Is it static, is it just getting old, is there a setting, is it a power issue with the USB, is it because the MacMini is using two video outputs and maybe over working (well it has been working flawless for a long time so that cant be it), is it a latency thing (I know when I was using time codes, I had similar issues but I am not using time codes here)

I appreciate any help in this matter. :)

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 8:52 am
first check if there is a driver update second try it on a different computer and see if u get the same issue if u do then .....

check the Grounding!!!

i would look at the usb connection then check if its getting enough power if it has a power adapter use it.... then maybe its a faulty device

if you are inclined to do it you could look inside and check to see if the soldering has come loose somewhere

also you could do a web search with the device name and the problem and see if its a known common issue...

good luck

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 2:18 pm
I use NI Audio2dj and experience also that the unit became unresponsive. It turn out that the USB HUB I was using failed, not the Audio Card.

Till now, I'm still using the same Sound card, just eliminated the HUB.

If your using a USB HUB, try a different one or bypass it for testing purpose.

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 8:54 pm
Thanks, I have been plugging directly into the USB port in the MacMini. (I don't use a hub) The Audio 4 DJ doesn't have an external power plug however my audio 6 does and I have never tried it with this system. It just recently started doing this so I don't know what to make of this. It's weird.

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 3:06 pm
Check and see if your USB port is set to turn off to save power. It may be shutting off

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 6:00 pm

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 2:46 am
It happened again yesterday. There is some sort of zap and it has to be reset. Not sure what's causing it, there is no static where I was. When I reach over to pick up the head phones (they are plugged into the NI Audio 4DJ, its like a zap and you hear an RF noise over the sound system and the lights on the sound card go from green (having a signal) to red (rf noise or distortion). I re-installed the drivers, updated the drivers. Any other thoughts?

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 10:34 am
try it on a different computer if you still have problem u need a new sound interface

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 2:13 pm
I have a new install of Virtual DJ8 on a computer I am establishing as a backup computer. This laptop has the very same OS (Windows XP) as my primary laptop setup where the same version of VDJ8 is installed and working just fine. I copied all MP3 files to mu backup computer file folder and I am able to successfully play the mp3 files using Windows Media, however, when I attempt to play the same files using VisualDJ the sound is "scatchy" and sporadic. Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 10:40 pm

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 8:04 am
I have updated the sound drivers on this computer with no success in getting rid of the "scratchy" sounding music. Tech Support has suggested I consider using Numark DJIO as a possible solution, however, after installing Numark CUE Version 5.2 on this computer (the software I relied upon on another computer before upgrading to VDJ8), I found there to be no audio problems at all, the Numark CUE Version 5.2 software performs perfectly fine where the VDJ8 does not.

I am not convinced that my problem is one that will corrected by using Numark DJIO.

Are there any other possible solution to consider?

Please advise .

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 7:34 pm
fyi vdj 8 requires a more powerful computer then newmark cue 5.2 imo anyways

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 8:11 pm
Problem solved. I will just be using CUE.

Thanks.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 10:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)