Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: virtual dj initializing external devices taking too long?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just reinstalled win7 on this Acer laptop then installed version7 the home edition to test but it is taking way to long to open after staying on "initializing external devices" for a very long time, sometimes it opens after a long time but works and other times it shuts down. I am seeing many other people having this problem but not seeing a fix for this so far, help please?

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 3:02 pm
Do you have any controller(s) installed on your laptop ?

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 3:30 pm
not connected to any controllers

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 3:58 pm
And this is a clean VirtualDj installation on a clean OS without any controllers or soundcard drivers installed ? (Notice that I don't ask if they are connected, I ask if they are installed)

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 6:07 pm
And this is a clean VirtualDj installation on a clean OS without any controllers or soundcard drivers installed ? (Notice that I don't ask if they are connected, I ask if they are installed)

Yes, exactly as stated above. When I finished reinstalling win7, I did the usual windows updates then when finished I installed VDJ7 Home edition.

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 6:16 pm
Are all your drivers up to date ?
Do you have any hard disks containing media files and/or virtualdj databases in them connected ?

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 6:29 pm
Are all your drivers up to date ? Yes as mentioned I ran the windows updates
Do you have any hard disks containing media files and/or virtualdj databases in them connected. No, nothing at all was or is connected.

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 7:05 pm
Does VDJ 8 Home do the same thing?

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 4:12 am
I used revo uninstaller to totally remove every trace of VDJ7 Home and just tried VDJ8 Home, it opens right away but locks up when i click on anything.

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 6:08 am
I am not sure it's VDJ, I just installed Serato and that too freezes when open, I am running memory tests right now, if that should turn out ok I will then swap hard drives, will let you guys know.

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 7:20 am
FYI windows updates doesn't always update all you drivers.

Check in device manager for anything with exclamation points. Then go to the manufactures site and get drivers and install them.

Good luck

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 8:57 am
There nothing yellowed in the DM when I first checked after updating but thanks. Anyway guys, it is the HDD at fault, with a replacement drive VDJ now works as normal, appreciate the help!

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 1:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)