Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: 1 Scrolling text line with auto truncate of Parenthesis

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is is possible to scroll only the text that appears between parenthesis?

My idea is to have the Title of song stay stationary, parenthesis truncated to fit the size of the remaining textbox, and have only the remix name inside the parenthesis scroll.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 10:27 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 10:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Only if the parenthesis are in a separate textzone and the text inside the parenthesis has a stead width.
You could also add some visibility in the textzone that displays the parenthesis in case the Remix field doesnt exist.

But you also need to have the Artist-title as steady width, so that the parenthesis always displayed on certain position.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 10:32 am
what about a way to query if parenthesis exist in a title, then delete just that portion from the title?

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 10:39 am
Ah ? Why would someone need to do that ? I mean how will u decide if what is in a parenthesis needs to be deleted /not displayed ?
Normally, if a filename has something in parenthesis it will be auto-parsed into the Remix field and if not, then user will need to do that manually.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 10:45 am
Well, why would anyone want the browser to pars?
Because there are so many different styles and conventions of file names, that you can never rely that the tags are how someone might like.

Yes, one might go through their collection and tag every song the way that they like. However, what if I just pick up some tracks and didn't have time to tag? Or if your collection is If that's the case, why have the ability in the browser? It would be nice to have the same ability the browser has with parsing. I guess.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 10:57 am
I agree it's a bit strange for VDJ to regard anything inside (brackets) as remix info.

It might not be. For example, the artist could be Mr Man (featuring Mrs Woman). VDJ would wrongly put "featuring Mrs Woman" into the remix tag.

If it was smarter and checked to see if the word "mix" or "remix" was part of the text inside the brackets, that would work.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 11:07 am
GrooveinDj... Precisely!

I love the idea of the parsing in the browser... but it never fully works. So I disable it.

If we can query, I can specify my own naming convention per tage line...

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 12:35 pm
Guys, those are 2 different things.
One thing is if we could get some more parsing filenames to Tags Options. Yes i agree, it would be nice to have. But thats not the original question, and not the place to discuss.
The other thing, which i questioned, is since you want a way to scroll whatever there is in parenthesis, how will u determine if this is the Remix field or anything else... and why should a skin scroll one part or the other ?

Bottom line, there is no way currently to do what you are after (other than the workaround i suggested).

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 7:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)