Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Double touch to load?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using a touch screen. On VDJ 7 if you double touch a track in the list it will load on the available deck.
On VDJ 8 it won't load if you double touch. BUT it will load on a double "click" from the mouse. Also, if you touch a track, and highlight it, it won't load the highlighted track if you hit load. Instead it loads the last track that was scrolled to. like if you just used the up/down scroller or arrow keys.
But if you use the "official" touch skin, double touch works just fine.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 1:47 pm
When you're not using the touch skin, have you got VDJ 8 in touch screen mode?

The touch skin does this automatically on load. Other (non touch skins) don't.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 2:09 pm
When I turn on touch screen mode it changes the skin to the touch skin. I have always used touch screens. So how do I have this touch mode using the standard 2 deck screen?

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 2:20 pm
Someone is messing with me now... Now the touch skin doesn't double touch to load anymore. I will drag to load, but not double touch. And if I implement touch screen mode in the options it changes the list to a pseudo cover art list. But not the grid list like if you use the touch mode from top of the main screen.
To many options. They should have a button that says "settings like VDJ 7" LOL!

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 2:34 pm
Touch screen mode (to enable it on any skin) is set via the config. The buttons at the top switch skins.

Switching to the touch skin from there sets touch screen mode 'on' from the skin itself, but switching back would revert it, unless it was on in config.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 3:08 pm
yea, I see what your talking about but like I said, when you turn it on in the config it changes the default skin to a sort of hybrid of cover art and list, vs. just list. The button at the top changes to a touch skin which is normal. The regular screen changes when you enable it in config. Adds cover art to the list and makes the folder list items bigger.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 4:44 pm
Regarding your original issue, does double touching work when touch screen mode is on (via config)?

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 4:47 pm
No, but it had worked in the past. That is why I mentioned it earlier. But only in touch mode.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 7:46 pm
I tried it too and double touching does not load the songs I have to drag and drop when I am using tablet mode

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 4:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)