Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Device_side for custom buttons.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
This could just be bad practice on my part but,

When I'm sharing scripts I like to have one script, that works on either side (as most HW is shared mapping), so with HW it's
device_side 1 ? stuff for the left : stuff for the right
but with customs that doesn't work, there is leftdeck ? and that works most of the time but that isn't perfect.

Am I missing a method or should device_side work with customs, or is it just one of those things I have to write around.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 4:26 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Did you try action_deck yet?

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 4:32 am
You should use device_side 'left' ? on your scripts, or action_deck 1 ?
device_side query won't work properly with integers (even on controllers)

Also leftdeck ? query will validate as true only when the calling deck is set as leftdeck. In other words:

device_side 'left' ? will return true when it's called from both decks 1 & 3
leftdeck? will return true only for one of the decks, depending on which one is set as deck left.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 4:50 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
device_side query won't work properly with integers (even on controllers)

It's in the script guidance as either left|integers, I don't have any HW to test ATM

Thanks to both of you action_deck is one I always forget about , and it's much better as I can work directly with all 4 decks

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 5:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
i believe device_side should work with custom buttons too. But maybe not with the default skin, as the custom buttons are numbered in sequence, meaning that there is no custom button 1 on the right side (its Nr.6 i think)

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 7:46 am
djdad wrote :
i believe device_side should work with custom buttons too. But maybe not with the default skin, as the custom buttons are numbered in sequence, meaning that there is no custom button 1 on the right side (its Nr.6 i think)

6 is correct

I was doing it differently, I had a script that would go onto button 1 & 6, instead of have two scripts (one designed per button) I tried one device_side 'left' queried script and I only ever got the no response, regardless of the deck used.

Action_deck worked though

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 8:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)