Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Smart loop doesn't work like in v7 and seems broken

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

in v7 when you pressed loop a little early or late smart loop would correct this and still match the beats if you had the CBG lined up properly. Now you need perfect timing to hit the loop dead on beat whether smart loop is on or not, i cannot see a difference when turning it on and off at all + definitely not in the way i expect from v7. It makes me want to go back to using that just because of this problem, is there anything i can do to fix it?

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 7:10 pm
Actually what you're describing is a "snap to beat" function, and AFAIK version 7 didn't had one as version 8 doesn't have either...

What smart loop was doing (and still does) is that it corrects your loop length automatically when you use the loop in & loop out buttons to set a loop so that it's a perfect one...

A snap feature (where pressing the loop button will snap the loop on the nearest beat) may or may not come in the future, but you're free to ask for at our wishes forum! :)

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 9:37 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Actually what you're describing is a "snap to beat" function, and AFAIK version 7 didn't had one as version 8 doesn't have either...

What smart loop was doing (and still does) is that it corrects your loop length automatically when you use the loop in & loop out buttons to set a loop so that it's a perfect one...

A snap feature (where pressing the loop button will snap the loop on the nearest beat) may or may not come in the future, but you're free to ask for at our wishes forum! :)

so i was imagining it working like this before? but then why would i be so annoyed its not like that anymore if it never was? it has been a while since i used v7 but i'm almost certain it used to do something like this and i've seen others say they had this functionality in 7 too and want it in 8 in threads i looked at before making this one, if its impossible in 8 i guess ill just have to deal with mapping some buttons to move the loop when i don't get it perfectly timed, at least i can live in hope it might be added again in the future

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 10:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No, v7 did not snap loops to beat.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 9:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)