Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Getting the right recording levels for a recording through Virtual dj 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys,

I have done radio shows for about 6 years now and i have never really had any problems getting the right recording volumes as i used an external interface through a mixer and a little recording level software called butt. Im now recording everything through Virtual Dj 8 and using my Denon mc6000 mk2 controller with a built in audio interface. I use the latest Denon Asio drivers to.

I have my master volume through windows control panel set as 100 and my recording volume as 80. I know that the recording volume is critical but im never sure of the correct setting to set it at. I know i have level meters on the denon but they can go up or down according to where the master volume knob is set so it bears no true level as to high the actual recording level is. I just want to get it spot on so i have a punchy and loud recording that is no where near distorting.

Be grateful for any help guys, thanks, Will.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 4:06 pm
So you're not broadcasting live? You're recording your shows via the record button / interface of VDJ then uploading them somewhere, like a podcast?

What skin are you using? There's a recording level meter in the default VDJ 8 skin. Is that no use?

According to locodog, you can use a limiter (i.e. loudmax) in the master FX slot and it will control the level into the recording, preventing overload.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 4:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)