Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: NS7II song stops in the middle

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been getting this bug since the last 1 or 2 build updates when a song is playing and suddenly stops right in the middle of a set. Been doing some testing and found the left deck tends to stop randomly. Also a track on the right would randomly jump to the near end. However non of these happen when the motors are off.

Macbook pro i7 2.2 8gb osx mavericks 10.9

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 2:44 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Are you using any V7 renamed FX? If you don't understand what I mean then the answer is no and don't worry about that.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 3:26 am
I'm using the default mapper, until this issue is resolved I'm using serato dj.

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 12:52 pm
Having the same exact issue! Using PC & NS7 (FX). Sometime the song will just randomly stop right in the middle of it!
Specs: VD8 Pro / Numark NS7 (FX) / Windows 7 Pro / 1TB HD / 8 GB Ram /

Note: Seems to be the left deck more so than the right side. I have only had this issue for about 3 weeks to a month now. It worked flawless up until then.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 2:19 pm
Had the same issue last night just playing audio file. Build 2177. Song just stops and stutters for a sec and locks up. using denon mc6000mk2

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 4:11 pm
DJ Crash707 wrote :
Having the same exact issue! Using PC & NS7 (FX). Sometime the song will just randomly stop right in the middle of it!
Specs: VD8 Pro / Numark NS7 (FX) / Windows 7 Pro / 1TB HD / 8 GB Ram /

Note: Seems to be the left deck more so than the right side. I have only had this issue for about 3 weeks to a month now. It worked flawless up until then.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I found that deleting the strip search mapper solved my problem not the best thing but it was the best solution for me.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 11:31 pm
PC, VD8 Pro, NS7FX

Mine does the exact same thing...song suddenly stops...song skips to end...sometimes the song will have that really slow start or stop so i mess with the two knobs that deal with the motor start and stop speed and it will work for a while and this is mostly on the left deck as well.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 5:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
saltameziii wrote :
so i mess with the two knobs that deal with the motor start and stop speed and it will work for a while and this is mostly on the left deck as well.

I've seen this reported by Serato users as well so this could actually be a hardware or firmware issue with the NS7-II itself.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 5:55 pm
Had this happen for the first time this weekend. Just stopped for no reason, like the song had ended. MBP OSX 10.10. Latest VDJ 8 Beta.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 11:41 am
I am Having the same problem. Its always in the middle of the song. On all 3 occasions I did not even have my hands anywhere near my deck or computer. I have Macbook pro and NS7II

Posted Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 10:30 am
Country Boy wrote :
Had this happen for the first time this weekend. Just stopped for no reason, like the song had ended. MBP OSX 10.10. Latest VDJ 8 Beta.

jeffknee40 wrote :
I am Having the same problem. Its always in the middle of the song. On all 3 occasions I did not even have my hands anywhere near my deck or computer. I have Macbook pro and NS7II

Guys if you're not using the strip search delete the strip search mapper, it's a fix i found that seems to resolve it.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 12:41 am
williraPRO InfinityMember since 2012
i am experience the same problem i`m using pc windows 10 8gb ns7ii v8 dj,
if i want to try to delete the strip search how can i do that guys?

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 4:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
you can delete the action of the STRIPSEARCH key from the mapping
or add a "safety net" and work only if the track is paused...

STRIPSEARCH --> play ? nothing : song_pos

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 4:26 pm
thanks man i already did it time to try it out now see how it is behaving

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 5:56 pm
still having this issue man it stops working in the middle after a few hours playing

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 11:47 pm
connection lost is there anyone with another solution ??

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 11:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)