Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJscript set a variable in a mapper action for LED

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am confused, sorry.

When I set a variable in e.g. keyboard mapper like "set '$myvariable' 10 it work. I can see the variable via var_list with the value I set (called from a custom button to check)
When I do the same on an output LED (mapper) of an controller the value will no be set. I can read the variable there but I can not change the value or set it.

I use VDJ 8.0.0 2139.929.

Is this by design (because LED is output) or a mistake?
My reason for doing so is, because I like only to get the rising edge of an VDJ variable. For this I need a variable which I need to modify depending on the state. I test this via custom button and it work perfect, but not in the mapper for LED output.

If I can not modify a variable in the mapper for outputs, is there any place where I can calculate a variable cyclic (more often than a beat)?

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 10:30 am
LEDs can do maths in order to determine if they will be on or off, but they can't set variables. They can only read them.

However (depending on what you want to achieve) you can read something (a variable or anything else) on a led, do some transformations, and then use the result to determine the state of the led.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 1:06 pm
okay, at least I understand why.

Let me short explain what I try to achieve.

I like to send out the four beat LED´s via MIDI (network) to controller LED & Light control.
Due to the reason that I have only 4 available I use for left/right deck a detection if volume is > 30% like that:
e.g. right deck.

<map value="LED_BEAT_1" action="deck right volume & param_greater 30% ? get_beat_num 1 : 0" />
<map value="LED_BEAT_2" action="deck right volume & param_greater 30% ? get_beat_num 2 : 0" />
<map value="LED_BEAT_3" action="deck right volume & param_greater 30% ? get_beat_num 3 : 0" />
<map value="LED_BEAT_4" action="deck right volume & param_greater 30% ? get_beat_num 4 : 0" />

The issue I have with this is, that when I swich over 30% limit and a beat led is currently on it doubles the beat for that mement (the current on and the moveover to the next). I found out that one solution would be to detect the rising edge when the LED goes from OFF to ON, only then I like to give out a LED value, otherwise not (nothing).

So I combine the logic before with a edge detection. For this I need to read/write a variable. I test it with a custom button and it worked as I like.
Here is the action (I simulate ledout, 1/0):

get_beat_num 1 ? var 'sse' ? nothing : set 'sse' 1 & deck left get_volume param_bigger 30% ? set 'ledout' 1: set 'ledout' 0 : var 'sse' ? set 'sse' 0

Anyway this is not usable (due to readonly in LED out) and I expect also this not a pretty way. There should be better possibilities.

Maybe some hints what might help here?

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 1:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)