Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: A few questions from a beginner VDJ (American Audio MXR10)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DankkyLE userMember since 2014
Hi all, I'm having a few issues with Virtual DJ 7 and my hardware. I would appreciate any information or help!

*GEAR*
-Two Stanton T.62 turntables with stock stylus's.
-Two Serato Scratch Live Timecode Vinyls
-American Audio MXR10 Mixer (built in DVS sound card)
-The skin for VDJ 7 that came with the Mixer (not sure if this matters)

When I DJ and have my mixer plugged in, It randomly selects between the two channels in a glitch-like manner, or just spontaneously. This is a rough issue when it comes to cutting up or looping either side since it randomly changes the track I have selected. Could this be a hardware issue? It doesn't do it when the Mixer is unplugged.

I've used the same serato vinyls for about two months now, but i'm noticing that the sound quality is almost diminishing. Granted I haven't cleaned them in a while, but they're not (visibly) scratched up, or dirty aside from a few fingerprints. How important is it that the Vinyls are clean? Sometimes I have to copy the track to the other side and crossfade over because I hear some quality jumping, or just weird noises in the mix. Could this be a needle issue?, or does it have more to do with the records possibly being dirty?

Thanks guys, I'm sorry if these questions sound completely Idiotic. Most of the local DJ's where I live seem to be very conceded and not willing to help me with my questions.

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 4:23 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Timecode isn't supported in a LE version.

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 7:53 am
TO Dankky

do u have the pro Version or the LE version ? there are issue with timecode on VDJ 7 use VDJ 8 it better but still some little issue when scratching .

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 9:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)