Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Newbie needs info on configuring my macbook to have optimal performance in vDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First off, i am using the following components.

Pioneer DDJ-SR
Macbook- Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Cable WiFi / 4G-LTE Jetpack

I am new to virtualDJ and i am having a ton of problems with it freezing. It does it at least every 15 minutes. It freezes when i search songs, when the automix is going, and sometimes it does it for no reason. When it freezes, the pinwheel of death will RARELY recover. The last gig i had was a nightmare! luckily the songs continued to play and i was able to make a quick announcement and quickly restart everything. 1 time, while in automix and frozen, the song that was playing gradually increased in tempo.

does this sound like a hardware issue or what?

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 6:39 pm
My macbook pro is a core 2 duo and never freezes Your i5 is way faster and shouldnt be giving you issues A couple things , is your system overheating? I run smc fan control to keep the temps down. while vdj is runing check the activity monitor to see if what else is running maybe something is hogging cpu. Also youncan lower the refresh rate of vdj in the settings.... Open settings type fps both will be set at 30 I changed mine to 20 and that lowered my cpu.

Hope this helps

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 2:14 am
user9451640 wrote :
The last gig i had was a nightmare!

From the EULA:

"You are NOT allowed to use the software for an activity that results in payment or compensation (such as, but not limited to, performing as a remunerated DJ in a nightclub, wedding or private party), or any use that could be considered a commercial use, without a "PRO" license that needs to be still valid and active at the time of use."

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 4:28 am
Thanks! My CPU shows hardly any activity. I will try to set the fan speed higher and see what happens.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 9:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)