Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Script Effect *HELP NEEDED*

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Numark Mixtrack Pro and clicking the effect select button currently does nothing. I wish to make it toggle between which effect slot I control using the controller as in the software you can have 3 slots showing and I wish to be able to use them all without having to reach for my laptop. Is this do-able? I've been trying for half an hour to programme it but I'm a beginner with script, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 3:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yeah mate that isn't as easy as you'll have been trying, do-able sure but I'll need to see the mappings for
Effect, Select, Control 1 Control 2

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 4:26 pm
if i got this right, no problemo:

you'll need one more button or encoder to change the mode:

if it's a button assign this:
cycle 'effect_slider_mode' 2

if it's an endless (!) encoder, assign this:
param_bigger 0 ? cycle 'effect_slider_mode' 2 : cycle 'effect_slider_mode' -2

for a knob with a determined zero and full point you'd need something like this:
param_bigger 33% ? param_bigger 66% ? set 'effect_slider_mode' 2 : set 'effect_slider_mode' 1 : set 'effect_slider_mode' 0

then assign this to the encoder you'd like to modify the effects:
var_equal 'effect_slider_mode' 0 ? effect_slider 1 1 : var_equal 'effect_slider_mode' 1 ? effect_slider 1 2 : var_equal 'effect_slider_mode' 2 ? effect_slider 1 3

these scripts will then let you choose what effect slider (first slot) you'd like to modify by pressing the button/moving the encoder/slider.

i hope i could help you but be aware that i did not test this although i have written similar things so im confident about it =) have fun

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 10:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)