Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Broadcast / record Mic with DDJ-SX / VDJ8 on PC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I use VDJ8 on a pc with Pioneer DDJ-SX controller. I currently host a radio show, and I am now required to use a mic over live broadcasting. As per many posts about this, I simply thought it would be plug and play, so logically I bought a mic, plug in a Mic to the mic 2 in put on the DDJ-sx, I can hear the sound from the mic through my speakers which are connected into the master output. But using this method the sound isn’t broadcast to the live stream or final recording. I understand that this is not the correct way to set this up now, as the sound leaves VDJ before it gets to the controller meaning the mic audio is added after the signal leaves the laptop, so how do I get the DDJ-SX, VDJ 8 and a mic in tandem to go out through the live stream / recording.

I Know This comes up a lot in forums etc, with various opinions on fixes and solutions that have confused the hell out of me, so I was hoping someone could come back with a simple do this, this and this and it works type solutions.

So do I connect the mic to the line in on the laptop and somehow configure VDJ to recognise it ?
Do I connect the SX to the laptop via boothout to the line in on laptop and record from there ?
Is there a Mic option button in VDJ 8 that needs to be enabled that I am missing ? like pressing PFL

Help!

Please make this simple for me

Been trying things on and off for three weeks with no joy

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 4:24 am
Download the VDJ 8 setup guide for the DDJ-SX (available via the wiki - supported controllers/list of controllers for VDJ 8/click on DDJ-SX) and see the last page.

N.B. some SX owners have found this very hit & miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. YMMV.

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:17 am
Thanks ! Tried what you said, however maybe I have unearthed another problem or the reason behind the issue.

The guide says I should use the Asio drivers, but in VDJ they don't work, no sound at all with asio drivers.also the channel drop downs for the Asia drivers are missing. My sx seems to default to wasapi drivers, which works from an audio point of view. But no options when I choose the record sound channel as per the guide any ideas ?

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 3:25 pm
Could this be bypassed if I fed an audio feed to the line in of another pc and record / broadcast from that ?

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 3:27 pm
You've definitely installed the ASIO driver? Can you use ASIO with Serato s/w?

Make sure the DDJ-SX is not set as your default audio device in Windows.

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 3:41 pm
yes i installed the Asio drivers from the pioneer site, when i switch to the asio drivers on VDJ i have to close and reopen the program, when i do i get a message box from the asio driver software pop up saying that the DDJ is connected, but no sound from VDJ unless i choose the wasapi drivers... wierd any ideas ?

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 3:55 am
Please make sure that Windows are NOT using the DDJ-SX soundcard as their default playback/communications device.
In that case the ASIO drivers fail to initialize because the unit is "in use"

If you don't know how to check if Windows are using your SX as their default device, here's a quick how to:

1. Right click on the speaker icon on the very bottom-right part of your screen next to the clock (on windows taskbar)
2. Select playback devices.
3. Check if DDJ-SX has any green icon it.
4. If it has, right click on your laptop's soundcard and select "Use this device as default playback device" or "Use this device as default communication device" or both.

Now try to use ASIO again...

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 3:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)