Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: iRemote optimal solution?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FLXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Well... I've been trying out the iRemote App on my iphone/ipad with VDJ 8, and I just can't get my head around it being so unstable. Especially for an app that cost 10$! - What is essential for it to be optimal? I've tried connections like Router-PC-Ipad/iphone and I've tried to make an AD-HOC network, and all results the same. Connects for 10-15 sec. then disconnects, with VJD saying "Error" in the device section. I run Windows 8. What can I do?

I've read alot of the posts regarding some issues etc. (Not quite found any satisfying results though), but I would like to see a guide that explains WHAT is critical to make sure your connection is stable?

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 3:47 am
Please provide more detail - in what environment are you using it? At what distance are you trying to work?

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 5:01 am
I installed the $10 remote app after disabling firewall, installing iTunes and bonjour..it worked but i can't control anything from the phone. tech support told me to ask if anyone is using it...help?

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 5:03 pm
groovindj wrote :
Please provide more detail - in what environment are you using it? At what distance are you trying to work?

I tried it a couple of places. I know that many things may interupt the connection, but last time i used it where at a small-ish dinnerparty. There where nothing else but other cellphones. I created an AD-HOD network for my self to connect my ipad, and still got interuptions/disconnections every 10-15 sec. at a distance of 0-2m. Same thing if the distance is greater. (And I CAN'T reconnect again before i reboot VJD)

So I tried it at home through my router, and same results. The thing is, I really don't understand that it is this unstable. It just doesen't make sense to me.
I have reinstalled VDJ several times, my wireless card several times, and yesterday I went crazy and formattet my whole system. NOTHING worked! .. :(

So - what I'm looking for, is an optimized guide - Hardware setup guide if you will - on how things HAS to be, if you want to make sure your setup isn't causing the problem.

- Do I have to switch channel on my AD-HOC connection? How do i do this?
- What softwares is "bad" having in the background?
- Do I need to kill any other types of wireless connections? Bluetooth, IR etc.
Among many other relevant questions that people may have. (You can ask them under this thread)

My specs:

MSI GE70
8 GB Ram
Core i7-4700MQ Quadcore Processer
Wireless Card - Realtek RTL8723AE
Running Windows 8

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 1:29 am
Really? - Nobody knows???

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 7:01 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
ad-hoc is an alternative connection, but Wifi is preferred. Have you managed to get a stable Wifi connection between your computer and your iPad ?

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 8:28 pm
So basically the app doesn’t work, why they sell it if it’s not going to work…

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 9:45 pm
$10. For nothing?! Or can someone get it to work?

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 10:50 pm
I have it and it works at home on my Wifi but being out at a mobile gig I don't have to many options for internet. I use my phone as my internet and although it does connect and shows that it is playing the song, I can not do anything with it as it seems my Blue Personal Hotspot bar that shows up refuses to let me use it. I use Shaw cable for internet at home and they have personal hotspots around the city but when my computer and phone are connected to the Shaw Wifi open they can not find each other. I like the idea but some issues need to be fixed still.

Brendan

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 5:59 pm
djdad wrote :
ad-hoc is an alternative connection, but Wifi is preferred. Have you managed to get a stable Wifi connection between your computer and your iPad ?

No. A connection, yes. But as stable as Menthos mixed with Cola.

I'm impressed with the fact that this is one of the more expensive DJ Apps out there, and it works like ... oh.. no it doesn't!!!! Jesus!

I'm sorry, but I'm ever so frustrated over having payed THAT much money for something that should be absolutely free.
It's buggy, it's unfinished, it's not supported enough on any community! - It's like ... They gave up on it? -

Atomix is doing a great job anywhere else, but this pisses a lot of people off. Including me if you haven't noticed.

Somebody, do something!

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 4:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)