Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ8 home and usb soundcard?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nottsdjPRO InfinityMember since 2012
can anyone confirm whether or not you can use a basic usb soundcard or usb headset with VDJ home without having to buy a VDJ basic licence?

the faq page kinda contradicts itself:

Quote :
If you are using a laptop (Or desktop with stereo sound card), you can add a basic stereo USB sound card for the headphone output. Your computer's built-in sound card will be used for the master output and the USB card for your headphones (Plug your headphones into the USB card.)

but then a bit further down the page it says:
Quote :
For more advanced sound configuration such as using two sound cards or multi-channel external DJ sound cards, you will need to purchase either VirtualDJ Pro Basic or VirtualDJ Pro Full.

im asking on behalf of a friend who wants to play with VDJ, and just wants to use PFL to monitor tracks - he won't be using a controller or anything, just the laptop - is a mono splitter cable the only option for VDJ home?

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:41 am
I think the second phrase is referring to using separate outputs for each deck (i.e. an external mixer).

I'm pretty darn sure that Home will allow use of a second interface for cue. The restriction is that it's confined to using a master/headphone setup, not individual outs.

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:53 am
groovindj wrote :
I think the second phrase is referring to using separate outputs for each deck (i.e. an external mixer).

I'm pretty darn sure that Home will allow use of a second interface for cue. The restriction is that it's confined to using a master/headphone setup, not individual outs.

yeah, thats kinda what we were thinking, but wanted to confirm it before he went and ordered a usb soundcard (the only ones i have are usb controllers, so definitely wont work on his setup)

(btw, hi! tis wanye from MDJF)

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:18 am
Hold up! According to this (written in 2010 mind) the Home version did not support using a USB audio interface.

Now, I don't know exactly when that FAQ page was written, but it certainly appears to be pre VDJ 8 (as it mentions VDJ Broadcaster) so as you say, there are contradictions.

There's certainly nothing about audio config on the VDJ 8 comparison chart.

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:25 am

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:28 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Trying to use V7 Home Free or V8 ?

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:31 am
The title says VDJ 8 Home.....

There's no mention of any restrictions with Home & USB audio in the User Guide either.

[later] Aha! According to this guy you can use VDJ 8 with USB for headphones. Now if that's the case, why can't it be stated clearly somewhere on this site?

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:39 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
In V8 Home free there is a external Soundcard support
but no separate Deck output ( e.g. for analoge Mixer)

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:47 am
Please make it clear in the comparison chart (or somewhere else prominent), in the wiki etc. that this is now possible with VDJ 8.

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:53 am
RobRoy wrote :
In V8 Home free there is a external Soundcard support
but no separate Deck output ( e.g. for analoge Mixer)

sweet, will get one ordered and give it a try, thanks :)

the guy wanting it is my roadie - he just wants to be able to practice using vdj in case he has to stand in for me for any reason (using my rig)

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)