Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I have to move the spinning platter way too much compared to videos posted by other djs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone using virtual dj 8 and Numark ns7ii? I've been trying to learn how to scratch but when I compare how much I have to move the spinning platter, it doesn't compare to what I am seeing online.. YouTube etc. I have to move it way too much. I have set the rpm to, 33 but I am not sure if this rpm is only for the vdj skin. Any ideas will be appreciated.. I have set the jog sensitivity to 200.00 but that does not seem to sort out the problems as well.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 12:55 am
Jog sensitivity should be set to 1.0 for proper scratching
Jog sensitivity 1.0 means that one full rotation of the physical jog equals to one full rotation of the software jog on 33RPM setting. In other words, 33 full rotation of the physical jog should advance you one minute in time.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 3:28 am
In my experience this is not true for all controllers.

I recently tried my Xone 1D controller jog wheel (after someone complained about the sound quality of the scratch) and found that a setting of 2.2 was nearer to 1:1 ratio.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 5:47 am
Groovin we have measured the clicks of almost 99% of the supported controllers jogs.
If we missed something feel free to contact us in order to fix it. However, my comment above still stands true.
For 99% of the cases, Jog Sensitivity 1 equals 1 rotation on screen per one rotation of the jog itself.

BTW:
JogSensitivityScratch is used when the deck is playing and you hold the disk to scratch.
JogSensitivityCue is used when the deck is NOT playing
JogSensitivityBend is used when the track is playing and you move the jog to pitch bend the track (in other words when you are not scratching)

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 7:32 am
Thanks for the info on the three settings. I will experiment some more.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 7:38 am
Thanks a lot... I think I seeing a change after setting it to 1.

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 4:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)