Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: [HELP!!] ENLARGE COVER ON JOGWHEEL

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just a quick question regarding the Cover Art on the Jogwheel -- I'm aware of how to enlarge the Cover for the Jogwheel but the problem I'm having is the Jogwheel is circular and the Cover Art is square. Is there a way to enlarge the Cover Art so it fills the complete circle of the Jogwheel? Right now, when I enlarge the Cover Art, you see the corners as the Jogwheel spins around. If I make it too small, inside the Jogwheel where the Cover Art doesn't completely fill is BLACK. How can I make it so the Cover Art is either in the full shape of a circle or that it completely fills the Jogwheel shape and only the Jogwheel shape itself? Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 7:50 am
Okay, if I understand it correctly, I would have to use a mask in order to shape the cover like the Jog, is this correct? If so, what type of mask am I using? Clipmask, Mousemask or Mask? Thanks.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 8:08 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You have multiple examples yet, just study them.

In

Silversleek
Hercule RMX2
X-96
V8 but by FRUiT
etc...

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 8:47 am
Fruit wrote :
You have multiple examples yet, just study them.

In

Silversleek
Hercule RMX2
X-96
V8 but by FRUiT
etc...

Yeah, I've been hashing it out all morning but just can't figure it out -- just being lazy now. LOL. If anybody can help me make my job easier (I'm very n00b to XML) it would be appreciated and it would save me a hell of a lot of time. Thanks for your suggestion -- appreciate it.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 8:50 am
- Take a skin that provide the function and in that skin try to move one of cover visuals OR its mask by 5 or 10px to the left / right this will "reveal" where the mask must go and why, you will then understand how it works

- Basically the width of the cover must be the same as the wheel / mask diameter

- Try to copy / paste most of the work from any of those skins and try to implement it in yours

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 8:26 pm
Fruit wrote :
- Take a skin that provide the function and in that skin try to move one of cover visuals OR its mask by 5 or 10px to the left / right this will "reveal" where the mask must go and why, you will then understand how it works

- Basically the width of the cover must be the same as the wheel / mask diameter

- Try to copy / paste most of the work from any of those skins and try to implement it in yours

Fruit - Thanks for this valuable information - - I will most definitely experiment with some skins to get an idea of this cover issue. I appreciate your response and your time. Take care.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 9:23 am
Np mate :)

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 10:40 am
If this is intended to work in your default skin's modification, then pasting the following should pretty work :

(coordinates here a related to deck 1)

<cover rotate="yes">
<size width="198-19-17" height="198-19-17"/>
<pos x="+19" y="+19"/>
</cover>

<button action="bs">
<size width="198+39+39-19-19" height="198+39+39-19-19"/>
<pos x="-37+19" y="-37+19"/>
<up x="1590-37+19" y="2112-37+19-20"/>
<clipmask x="1312-37+19" y="2112-38+19"/>
</button>

Of course, you will also need to copy / paste all those graphic elements into your own png file (respecting positions).

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 6:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)