Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [XML HELP] HOW TO SET DEFAULT TOGGLE TO ON

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello folks! I'm just wondering how I can set a switch to ON as the default? I've added an option to make covers appear on my Jogwheels and I'm able to turn them on and off but every time I exit the program, I have to turn them on again. Can you please provide me with the XML code to make it SWITCHED ON unless it is otherwise switched off? Would greatly appreciate this help as this will solve all my cover issues. Thanks in advance everybody. Is it something as simple as <set '$showcover' 1> </set>? Just going out on a limb here -- completely new to XML. =/

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 5:13 am
Is this using the SilverSleek skin? It matters because the variables used will have different names in different skins.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 5:46 am
groovindj wrote :
Is this using the SilverSleek skin? It matters because the variables used will have different names in different skins.

No, I'm just trying to fix an issue with my Jogwheel covers not showing up on a skin I'm working on. These are some of the values I'm using. I just want it so that when the VDJ loads, the 'Show Cover On Jogwheel' is already set to ON as the default.

<item text="Off" action="set '@$showcover' 0" check="var_equal '@$showcover' 0"/>
<item text="On" action="set '@$showcover' 1" check="var_equal '@$showcover' 1"/>

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 5:52 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Erm, I think just swap them round in order.

<item text="On" action="set '@$showcover' 1" check="var_equal '@$showcover' 1"/>
<item text="Off" action="set '@$showcover' 0" check="var_equal '@$showcover' 0"/>

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 6:23 am
locodog wrote :
Erm, I think just swap them round in order.

Locodog, thanks for your reply man but I tried this one already and it does the same thing. For some reason it is automatically set to OFF as the default value and every time I exit the program and re-enter it, the option is OFF. I can switch it on but the program doesn't remember my value and I have to switch it every time I re-enter VDJ. I'd like to set it to ON as default but I can't figure this darn thing out for the life of me. LOL. Thanks again though for your help.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 6:27 am
groovindj wrote :

Just out of curiosity, how would I fix this on SilverSleek skin as all the skins which allow you to make the cover on the jogs turn off after you exit the program. Would you know how to fix this so it automatically defaults to turning the 'Cover On Jogwheel' to the ON or TRUE position each and every time I load VDJ? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 8:00 am
This needs to be discussed in the skins forum really. :-)

In the SilverSleek skin, for the jog covers to show, two variables need setting. From the menu (starting line 2828), @$coverview needs to be 0 and @$JogCover needs to be 1.

The states are set from the menu, and then the code for the jog wheel checks the state to see what it needs to display.

They should be getting written to settings.xml so as long as $coverview=0=0.00000, $JogCover=0=1.00000 appear in the vdjglobalvariables line of the settings.xml then they should be remembered when the skin starts.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 8:22 am
groovindj wrote :

In the SilverSleek skin, for the jog covers to show, two variables need setting. From the menu (starting line 2828), @$coverview needs to be 0 and @$JogCover needs to be 1.

The states are set from the menu, and then the code for the jog wheel checks the state to see what it needs to display.

They should be getting written to settings.xml so as long as $coverview=0=0.00000, $JogCover=0=1.00000 appear in the vdjglobalvariables line of the settings.xml then they should be remembered when the skin starts.

My deepest apologies for posting this in the wrong section -- this will be the last post. I did notice that $coverview and $jogcover are not in the GlobalVariables section which is why I'm having the problems I'm experiencing. What exactly do I put? The exact XML code for the settings.xml? Each entry has a bracket, i.e. <timestamp>1545123354</timestamp>. Do I put <coverview> then the number? Thanks again and this is the last post for this question -- I'll refer them to the skins section.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 9:51 am
groovindj wrote :

Groovindj, thanks for your information -- the issue has finally been resolved. I added the information you've specified in the settings.xml file and it works! You are awesome. We can now delete this topic and once again, apologize for posting in the wrong section guys. Wasn't thinking there... I need another coffee now... LOL.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 9:56 am
hlwpnt wrote :
I added the information you've specified

I thought you'd already done that, according to your other post (after I gave you the info from my settings.xml).

The info should stay in settings.xml - unless of course there's an update (which can erase it).

It should also be written there from the skin when you set the options from the SilverSleek menu.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 10:07 am
groovindj wrote :
hlwpnt wrote :
I added the information you've specified

I thought you'd already done that, according to your other post (after I gave you the info from my settings.xml).

The info should stay in settings.xml - unless of course there's an update (which can erase it).

It should also be written there from the skin when you set the options from the SilverSleek menu.

Groovindj, yes it is fixed thanks for everything. I added the information in the settings.xml file and it resolved the problem. I've also added a switch in the skin which will allow you to turn on and off the covers. Everything works nicely now. Thanks again brother.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 5:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)