Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ SX assign effect to button.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey,
I'm trying to assign reverb to a button, however, i need the effect select window/browser to jump to the effect so that i can tweak the parameters as soon as I've activated it.
At the moment, I can turn the effect on, but the effect browser will stay on a previously selected effect (See image), and I cannot change the parameters for it.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 7:17 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
No Image displayed.
Please try to add a Image as *.png

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 1:19 am
Not working.

It's just the effect window to the left of the virtual turntable.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 1:26 am
Please post the code string that you are currently using.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 4:25 am
This is the button for the untouched deck (right deck). I've left it untouched in case I stuffed up the left deck and needed a model;

action_deck 1 ? var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? on & set '$fx2' 0 : off & set '$fx2' 1 : action_deck 2 ? var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? on & set '$fx2' 0 : off & set '$fx2' 2 : action_deck 3 ? var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? on & set '$fx2' 0 : off & set '$fx2' 3 : action_deck 4 ? var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? on & set '$fx2' 0 : off & set '$fx2' 4 : off & set '$fx2' 0

The code I'm using to activate the effect for the left deck follows (borrowed from vdj7);

var '$myshift' ? effect 'flanger' active : effect 'reverb' active

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 4:45 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
try this:

var '$myshift' ? effect_select 'flanger' & effect 'flanger' active : effect_select 'reverb' & effect 'reverb' active

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 7:30 am
Basically you need to set the effect slot.
Therefore:
var '$myshift' ? effect_active 1 'flanger' : effect_active 1 'reverb'

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 9:05 am
Both work, thank you gentlemen.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 9:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)