Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do i record from a mic using DENON MC6000 MK2 and vdj8 record facility?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys,

I have just purchased the superb Denon Mc6000 MK2. I do radio shows and have the denon asio drivers set on the master config (Channel 1 & 2), Denon asio for my headphones (Channell 1 & 2). I get muic through my normal hi fi amp, eberything working fine. I get sound through my mic, working fine. However, i can record my mixes no problem but although the mic is coming through loud and clear and the levels are showing on my Denon, the vdj8 record facility does not pick up my mic. I know this will be something to do with the audio config, i just dont know what to do.

Be really grateful if someone can help as i need to record a show on friday morning at the latest. Thanks loads.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 4:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 4:14 pm
Thanks loads dad, takes a bit of time getting the levels right but sorted now.

Only problem i find is that the mic ducking option works when you are listening to it but doesn't dip the music when you record. Im recording my music of channel one and two set to pc. My mic, as per guide config, is set to input channel three and four. Really grateful for any advice.

By the way got all my mates using your excellent 4 deck skin, love it my friend. Thanks for all your help.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 7:46 pm

It's probably because the mic ducking and echo are hardware based and situated after the signal gets routed to VDJ - so only applied to the hardware outputs.

Ideally you should learn to duck manually.

Just pull the music channel fader down slightly each time you talk. It'll give you far more control and sound more natural than auto ducking.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 5:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)