Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vinyl / mixtrack pro setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm about to upgrade to virtual dj 8 and about to buy a new laptop too. At the moment I use virtual dj with a mixtrack pro 2 to dj in bars and private parties

I want to use my turntables so if I buy time code vinyl, what else will I need to buy, or if I get the right soundcard with my new laptop will that be sufficient?

Can I use the mixtrack pro 2 as the mixer and also to control loops/effects/hotstarts whilst using the turntables to mix? Or will I need a separate mixer and be unable to use the mixtrack pro with this setup?

Thanks

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 5:04 pm
I'm also intersted in a tutorial in this setup. I use the mix track pro 2 as well and would like to use it at the club with cdj 900's and vinyl. The club uses a ttm57sl so I have to revert to serato but if i can completely convert to virtual dj 8 that would be so good.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 5:14 pm
I think you'd deffo need a seperate mixer, but whether or not you can use the mixtrack pro to control effects and loops.....i'm not sure! We need some help from the pros!

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 6:13 am
All you need is a way of getting the timecode signal from the turntables into VDJ, so an audio interface with at least two stereo phono inputs with RIAA preamps.

The Mixtrack Pro II will handle the outputs (master and headphones) so it's just a case of having some suitable inputs, as the Mixtrack doesn't have them.

Yes, you can use the Mixtrack to control the VDJ mixer and effects.

You'd only need a separate external mixer if you wanted to feed the outputs from each VDJ deck into a separate input channel of a mixer that was installed somewhere for example. That would also require your audio interface to have at least two stereo outputs.

The interface recommended by Atomix for VDJ is the Hercules Deejay Trim 4&6 - see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ale1R1E6CmQ

Tip: Search the VirtualDJ Tips YouTube channel for videos about DVS -> https://www.youtube.com/user/VDJTips/search?query=dvs

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 6:48 am
Superb thanks!

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 4:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)