Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DVS issue - Second player not operating properly. Denon 3900, X1700 Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My setup consists of 2x Denon SC3900's and a Denon X1700 mixer. running VDJ8, Windows 8.1 pro.

With that said I was able to get one of the players working. The platter spins, I'm able to scratch, use cues. select music with the player, everything....

The issue is with the second unit. I'm able to get it to connect but the platter doesn't spin. When i press "play" on the unit nothing happens .Strangely enough when I press and hold the "cue" the song plays. When I release the "Que" button it stops. The "Cue" and "play" buttons do not illuminate. When I move the still platter the music is lined up with the timecode. it's just that the platter isn't moving to keep the music going. The second unit also doesn't display the song information but I'm able to use it to scroll through and select music. Seems as though the unit isn't getting recognized completely or correctly.

The unit works with my prior setup so I'm sure it isn't a hardware issue. The unit works. Also, the only way that I could get the timecode to work was to connect it as "Normal" usb mode and not the "Hybrid Midi" mode. The Hybrid MIDI mode sends out the timecode signal. While In Hybrid Midi mode everything worked (platter spinning) but when I moved the platter it didn't have an effect on the music. The music Just kept playing even if I stopped the platter with my hand. I discovered that "Normal" usb mode was able to work, I was able to scratch with the platter and everything. Only downside is that nothing shows up in the timecode settings in VDJ8 for the "Normal" usb mode. It just works. Maybe the 3900 is supported natively by VDJ8 and "Hybrid" midi mode isn't needed?

Anyway, I would love to get my DVS system going with VDJ8. Then I'll be able to completely shelve the other DVS software I have. Until then I can't really use VDJ8 with my DVS setup :(

Oh yeah... My aiso drivers had "Denon_1" , "Denon_2" and the mixer "X1700" enabled. I tried uninstalling the drivers, reboot, reinstalled the drivers, same issue. I tried powering everything down (must have done that a dozen times) still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. I really like VDJ8. Thanks

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 6:46 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The hybrid MIDI mode of the 3900s is not supported in v8. There is a workaround - you can play a timecode signal from the USB, calibrate to that and then switch to hybrid mode after. You'll have to do this every session, so it's a big pain!

The normal MIDI mode of the 3900s is supported in v8 - so doesn't require any timecode at all. You need to ensure both units are on MIDI channel 0.

Personally I'd use the soundcard of the X1700 - it's better!

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 10:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)