Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Quick and easy filter mapping question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings! I used to map the heck out of VDJ7 but have found that I'm too rusty all these years later so I'm coming to the forums with this request. I really like the sound of the SBDJ Filter addon for VDJ8 and would like to map it to my controller's dedicated filter knob. It looks like slider 1 needs to be in the middle as left of center would be low-pass and right of top center will be high-pass. There is also a slider 2 that controls resonance. I want that slider to remain at 100% (because I dig resonance:) Can anyone kick me a command that will allow this? Peace

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 4:43 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Try this on the dial mapping

effect_active 'effect_name' 1 & effect_slider 'effect_name' 1

If you set slider 2 @ 100% it should stay there, if it doesn't open the effect gui on all decks (& master) and set them all (dial 2) to 100% then it will stick.

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 5:11 am
Ok so I used this command on my filter
effect_active 'Filter SBDJ' 1 & effect_slider 'Filter SBDJ' 1
Sounds fine except that after I give the knob a twist, the jogs stop controlling the music and only adjust slider 1:(

I don't know if this can be fixed but all I want to do is replace the default vdj8 filter with this one and use it as a simple high/low pass with the resonance (slider 2) kept at max. Isn't it possible without having to activate and deactivate the filter like more complicated effects? I feel that a filter shouldn't require any clicks as long as you have a dedicated knob.

Peace

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 3:19 pm
Have you tried a spot of renaming?

I assume the native filter is filter.dll so just rename Filter SBDJ.dll to filter.dll and the native one to unwantedfilter.dll or whatever.

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 4:08 pm
Heck no! I didn't think that was possible but I'll def try it tomorrow and report back.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 9:06 pm
I think that it worked in that it replaced the default filter at the knob but I have no way of setting the resonance this way so it barley sounds different from the original VDJ8 filter. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 5:55 pm
I think I need to stop the jogs from effecting the sliders at all. Is that possible? I'm doing this with a wego 3 (for my small gigs). I've paired my effects all the way down to a filter with VDJ 8 so I don't need the jogs to move the effect sliders at all but can't figure out how to cut that off. If I could, the first command here should work fine.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 6:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)