Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please explain the 'load_pulse' script

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Could someone please explain the 'load_pulse' script in the context of use, I don't understand how it is useful, I'm sure it has a use and would like to learn what that is.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 14 @ 8:40 am
Well I use it to check if pressing track knob loaded a song on to the deck or if it failed due to loadSecurity (I use it on silent mode).

I'm a fan of wheel_mode "browser" and, in my mapping, loading a song switches to wheel_mode "jog". To avoid an instance where I press the knob and the song doesn't load due to loadSecurity I've added the load_pulse check

holding ? play ? nothing : unload & wheel_mode "browser" ? nothing : wheel_mode "browser" : var %shift ? wheel_mode "browser" : browser_enter & load_pulse ? nothing : wheel_mode "jog" & pitch_lock 0

It's probably an overkill but I like to cover any stunt I might pull in "the heat of the battle".

P.S. I don't think that it covers the full extent of usefulness of the script but that's all I can think of..

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 5:50 am
Thanks, that makes sense now that I can see it in use.
Over kill is never a bad option with scripts :-)

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 7:37 am
locodog wrote :

Over kill is never a bad option with scripts :-)

Good to know I'm not alone ;)
If you stumble across another application of this script let us know.

P.S. It would be nice to have a dedicated forum for scripting discussion. Exchange ideas, ask for help. Scripts are so powerful and yet sometimes so, what's the word, illogical that it would be great to have some like minded users to bounce ideas of.

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 9:19 am
So very true, It's not PC technical support Nor is it Mac, and it's not HW specfic, I'm discovering stuff all the time that I was told (from users "It doesn't work like that / impossible"
Only to day I discovered

get_beatpos & param_add 8 & param_cast & set_cue 1

Sets a cue 8 beats in the future, big wow, but that cue can be an action poi, so my POI Project (all effects can be timed, sliders automated and set on the fly) just got loads easier, (no more cloning to invisible decks) I'll keep you in mind when it goes beta.

Have a read of my first post here, I think 'script sharing' saves a lot of typing for repetitive scripts
(the actual script has been vastly improved but the concept is interesting)

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/196218/PC_Version_Technical_Support/advanced_scritp_advices____.html

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 11:39 am
Actually load_pulse and loaded do almost the same job.

Loaded returns true when a deck is loaded. However when you load a song on a deck that already has another song loaded without unloading it first, VirtualDj considers the deck still loaded. Therefore the loaded ? script will always return true unless you manually unload a track.

On the other hand, load_pulse does the same, but it also returns a brief "false" between the loading of two tracks.
In other words, if a deck has a song loaded and you drag another song on it, load_pulse will blink, while loaded will remain constant.
The load_pulse command is mostly used for controllers to trigger various events/animations. E.g. on Pioneer DDJ-SX and DDJ-SZ it will trigger the loading animation of the jogwheels sticker.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 7:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)